• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Autovation Pedals & Heal Plate GB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Hey everyone,

When looking into upgrading the shifter I figured why not upgrade the pedals as well!

pedalsdd0.jpg

uppertopleftgt2.jpg
uppertoprightwr9.jpg

lowerleftgf4.jpg
lowerrighthd4.jpg

healguardga9.jpg

I talked with Jeff Silva over at Automation and they are willing to setup a group buy discount for us. He sent me this email. So basically place your order!

Jeff Silva said:
Mike,
Hello. We can offer 20% off to you and your forum members. Here is a
discount coupon code for 20% off, 1135060621. Just enter this code in your
shopping cart and "Recalculate" to receive the discount and calculate
shipping charges. We look forward to your order. Thank you.

Web link for ordering:
http://www.autovationparts.com/store/fordcontour.html

Best regards,

Jeff Silva

Project Manager
AutoVation Technologies
www.AutoVation.net

Last edited:
I clicked the link to see the pictures..Is this for the Gas/brake/clutch/heel gaurd?
So what would be a GB price?
The price thats on the Website?

I clicked the link to see the pictures..Is this for the Gas/brake/clutch/heel gaurd?
So what would be a GB price?
The price thats on the Website?

Yes it's for everything on their site. You will receive 20% off your total, which for the heal gaurd(brushed) and pedals (competition series) amounts to the following:

Subtotal $134.40
Shipping $9.50
Tax $0.00
Total $143.90

That is a lot for pedal covers, damn.. I guess I never looked, but I'd to get into this one but I can't afford it.

That is a lot for pedal covers, damn.. I guess I never looked, but I'd to get into this one but I can't afford it.

Yea there expensive because they are machined to fit over out existing pedals perfectly. These are not like most of the other aftermarket pedals that strap over the top of your pedals. These actually require tapped holes and then you screw them on. The pedals macth the contour of the pedal. The end results is quite similar to that of the factory pedals on the SVT Focus in my opinion.

guys these are very high quality products and well worth the cost ...

here are some pics from the last group buy .... the pics are from when I installed them on my car ...

SPFOCO1M.JPG

DSC02034.JPG

DSC02036.JPG

SO you have to screw them into your floor and floormat? :shrug:

and the pedals ....only way to make sure they are secure ... thse aren't some cheap glowing pedals or anything that just clamp onto the pedal :nonono:

well you could use velcro but that has more chance of coming free when your driving and could possible jam the pedals from working correctly ... yes you screw them down ...

I already have this entire set.
Let me tell you they look good, but damn are they a PITA to install.

Getting a standard drill in between the bottom of the sterring column and the clutch and brake pedals is tricky.

The gas is easy, because the gas pedal is plastic.
Buy lots of extra bits. I went through 4 tugsten-carbide bits while trying to drill through the clutch and brake pedals.

and yes, for the dead pedal you have to go through your carpet and for the heel rest you drill through the floor mats.

I'll post some pics later...

Getting a standard drill in between the bottom of the sterring column and the clutch and brake pedals is tricky.

o'rly? I had no issue and didn't use 4 drill bits to install these ... pull the panel under the steering column and you should have plenty of space ...

If it matter, I will do a Group buy on the Ford OEM ones that came on the Cougar "S". I have these on my Mystique right now, I will take some photos later.

Gas Pedal
18WZ-9725-FA List $71.04 Inet $41.44 CEG GB $40.00
Clutch pad
1S8Z-7A624-AB List $20.85 Inet $16.82 CEG GB $16.00
Brake pad
1S8Z-2454-AB List $25.42 Inet $18.93 CEG GB $17.50

Total $73.50
S&H $8
Total with everything $81.50

The only thing I can not get is the dead pedal from the carpet, Ford sells it only with the entire floor carpet from the Cougar.

Ok, they are not that clean right now but here are some picture of the pedals that I have in the Mystqiue.
pedalszo1.jpg

Last edited:
I scored a set of the old SVT etched pedals that I believe were originally made by this company back when..before they were worried about copyright infringement. Very nice pedals. Can be a little bit of a paid to install depending on the size of your drill etc.

I may be interested in just the "dead pedal" and heel guard if that's poss.

I scored a set of the old SVT etched pedals that I believe were originally made by this company back when..before they were worried about copyright infringement. Very nice pedals. Can be a little bit of a paid to install depending on the size of your drill etc.

I may be interested in just the "dead pedal" and heel guard if that's poss.

post pics!

Damn prices went up from the first GB. I got my etched SVT ones for around $75 shipped for the 3-pedals + dead pedal.

They are quality pieces and the installation isnt difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back