• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Arizona CSVT'S !!

And please, for the love of God, don't drive the car until you fish out the piece that broke off. You know what happened to mine when I didn't get that out...

What's up guys ? Just got back into town, so im gonna start crackin on the SVT, anybody wanna help or lend me a hand give me a call... i'd appreciate it!

Well i got my hood latch adjusted, and the hood fully latches now...

But i need a floor jack to support the tranny before i start unbolting the Tranny mount... anybody got one i could borrow ? or maybe lend a hand at the same time ? ;)

That's good news about your hood latch. I'll see what I can do about tomorrow night, if you're available. AT&T/Cingular/AT&T are being dumbasses and can't get sms/txt to work on my phone... I'll try to call you tomorrow.

man i really want a hand. i think i may have a floor-jack tomorrow i can borrow from a friend. thats the only thing holding me up! grrr i hate shift tower bolts...

CSVT in Scottsdale

CSVT in Scottsdale

Just moved back to Scottsdale, AZ after being gone for 3 years. My CSVT was in storage and I just fired it up last week for an emissions test. It didn't pass due to trouble codes indicating O2 sensor and VSS. I installed the O2, and thanks to the VSS threads on CEG, I located and removed the VSS this evening. I'll install a new one in the AM after a trip to AutoZone.

Wondering why they didn't work? Well, the wires were chewed in several sections and some cut clean. I found ground squirrel bedding, olive seed shells, and even fur that stuck to the surface of anything greasy/oily all around the block/MTX/hoses/wires.

I noticed there were no pictures of the part for the '99 CSVT VSS in the thread so I have attached them here.

Note the chewed wires--the squirrels clean and sharpen their teeth with the vinyl coating, then the copper.

FYI: I have a couple floor jacks if theSCHAFF wants to borrow/needs help.

Attachments

• DSC00247.JPG
    DSC00247.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00249.JPG
    DSC00249.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00248.JPG
    DSC00248.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 0
^ Wow, stupid squirrels! :laugh:

yeah if you don't mind, i STILL havn't gotten a floor jack, so thus i havnt started workin on my car. if you want PM me for my # and maybe we can setup a meeting, checkout each other's svt's

Around 5:45pm today, I saw a red CSVT getting on the SR-51 from the east 101. I was getting on from the west 101.

NO! pissing me off, i think scott's going to drop off his slimmer hydraulic jack tomorrow so i can get the :censored::censored::censored::censored:er in the air finally, and put something under the tranny to support it, then it should be fairly simple... if you wanna help feel free to call me and or stop by, lol. u know its FUN :mad: btw got a new phone #

602-515-1122

NO! pissing me off, i think scott's going to drop off his slimmer hydraulic jack tomorrow so i can get the :censored::censored::censored::censored:er in the air finally, and put something under the tranny to support it, then it should be fairly simple... if you wanna help feel free to call me and or stop by, lol. u know its FUN :mad: btw got a new phone #

602-515-1122

Dude I just bought a low profile racing jack the other night, let me know if you need me to help you out and I'll bring it by.

I dropped mine off yesterday. He removed the battery, intake, tranny mount.. and cables from the tower, but we couldn't get the tower off (again). Last time it just required persistence and brute force.

^ Yeah, i worked on that mother REKCUF for like 3 hours after you left yesterday, and even had a big ass friend come by and he yanked on it with me for another hour and a half... i cant describe how frustrating this shift tower situation is getting to be... i want to punch dents into my fenders! :mad:

Nope, actually just got a new upper trans mount from Scott last November, the FIRST time we tore this bad :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: open.... i'm actually debating towing the mofo down to ford and having them yank the wh0re out with an engine hoist or something!

sheesh! I wish I could better recall that night when I got it out. I just remember messing around with it... it felt like it was caught on something (front lip was about 1/4" above housing).. and I just pulled on it really hard and it popped out.

Back