• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A new cat comes home

Hey Blu
I woulda bet my house nobody had posted more than you...then i see FrenchBlueC2 count 15,610
Thanks for all the encouragement Joe...my car is looking sweet with all the SVT parts..

^ :laugh: Yeah, I don't have even close to the highest post count. There are some real losers on this site! ;) :cool:

I'm familiar with wetsanding. However broken tabs make that fairly pointless since they'll be getting replaced.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When you say broken tabs, you are referring to mounting tabs, not alignment tabs? Not following you for sure. Well, if you were to purchase used one, the wetsanding procedure may become useful. If not, then disregard.

When you say broken tabs, you are referring to mounting tabs, not alignment tabs? Not following you for sure. Well, if you were to purchase used one, the wetsanding procedure may become useful. If not, then disregard.

Yes the mounting tabs. I'm fully expecting to have to wet sand any lights I get and have done a few sets already.

Dave

What did the headlights look like on these Cougars as sold in England? I recently viewed an older Top Gear show, where they raved how great the Cougar was (not sure of year of show or Cougar). Curious, as I have a fondness for this body style. Local bone yard just received a 35th anniversary model in - http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ptd/4228895379.html

No idea. Looks like that 35th anni was in pretty good condition before it got smashed up.

***EDIT***

Looking at Wikipedia it appears they look the same, however in Europe it's branded as Ford.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Cougar

Dave

you guys sound like us cougar guys when we talk about the differences in tours lol

LMAO!! Yeah, I'm gonna have to start spending a bit more time on NECO now.

Dave

Last edited:
Yes, I need to spend more time on NECO - need to locate the Zetec exhaust header Weapon R for my 'Tour. And learn of the finer points of the Cougar. We have a senior citizen who bought his wife a brand new Cougar XR7 5spd in it's last year and no less than 6 months before his dismiss and then followed by hers. This XR7 had les than 12k miles on her. It is now in Aussieland, having been trasported to their by one of their son's. Dealer had Roush parts on it as well as the XR7 blood red everywhere. What a looker - best of both old school and new school.

Holy crap, I had no idea my count was high enough for top 10 :laugh:!!!!

Holy crap, I had no idea my count was high enough for top 10 :laugh:!!!!

WOW.......I'm #9 still, holy crap! Imagine if I had kept my car and speaking of that, its going to be NINE YEARS AGO this spring since I sold it, how time passes by!

Hey Dave, let's have a detail session on the cat come spring, been using my Griot's 6" wheel since 2010, wish I wasn't so scared in the past to use one. I've got alot of cool products now!

WOW.......I'm #9 still, holy crap! Imagine if I had kept my car and speaking of that, its going to be NINE YEARS AGO this spring since I sold it, how time passes by!

Hey Dave, let's have a detail session on the cat come spring, been using my Griot's 6" wheel since 2010, wish I wasn't so scared in the past to use one. I've got alot of cool products now!

I'm planning on a meet. Just remember, I'm out by DeKalb now. I'd be willing to host an AG meet too, 2 garage spots, 10x20 canopy and driveway parking for probably 10+ cars now :)

Dave

Well Dave I know your on AG and we've been wanting to have a meet in the Chicagoland area, I don't care about the drive out there, I'm in Elk Grove Village. The canopy would be helpful for those looking to try out some products. Is your cat's paint saveable by us?

Oh yeah, paint isn't in horrible condition actually. However, and I'll post pics, Tess had to use it as a snow plow last night, so she's now missing half the front bumper and a fog light :(

**EDIT** Here are the pics (sorry it was freezing and I was using my phone)

Last edited:
OUCH.

The Roush front valence makes for a pretty effective snow plow, too.

FWIW, I cracked my bumper a couple of years ago, and was able to get a brand new repro from an eBay store, in primer, for like $139 shipped. Usually you can pay a little extra and get them painted as well. But I'd wait until this weather passes, LOL.

Women drivers. *runs and hides*

LOL! Trust me, all hell broke loose last night. Now I'm replacing headlights, hood, grille AND bumper and foglight(s). Although, I'm not sure what would have happened if she would have had the van like normal. It has higher clearance, but doesn't handle as well and gets caught by the wind. She could have ended up in the ditch and injured vs. us loosing a bumper.

Back