• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

a few questions...

somewhat related

somewhat related

Hello, I have a related concern/question... I'm looking to the same crossover on a '96 'tour GL, I have a set of calipers, I don't know if they're correct for the SVT upgraded fronts, they are morse calipers, PN p4622. I haven't been able to find an application guide or anything close to a definitive answer anywhere else on the web. if anyone has some insight into this matter, i'd love it. I've looked at the autozone webstie, and a few other national parts stores. thanks for any help in advance.

if the caliper uses the same brake pad as your original calipers then all you have to do is find E1 caliper brackets and SVT rotors.

FWIW, advanceauto shows the Cardone left front caliper having part number 16-4622 for a 2000 SVTC.

if the caliper uses the same brake pad as your original calipers then all you have to do is find E1 caliper brackets and SVT rotors.

FWIW, advanceauto shows the Cardone left front caliper having part number 16-4622 for a 2000 SVTC.

Yeah, I've yet to actually compare and contrast. I just got the calipers today. I saw that on the advance site, autozone lists the calipers I have for every model contour, mystique and cougar. I guess worst case scenario, I sell them on ebay and put that towards something else. thanks for the input.

*edit - I already have the rotors, sittin on a shelf at work.

Back