• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

99 Csvt Vs 2003 Tiburon Gt V6

Well, they are cheap cars that can put a whoopin' on a SVT

Some of the used models sure but you're cheating by putting a used car up against a new one in terms of bang for buck and a modified used one just makes the comparison sillier. Still I love those turbo DSMs when they're running.

Some of the used models sure but you're cheating by putting a used car up against a new one in terms of bang for buck and a modified used one just makes the comparison sillier. Still I love those turbo DSMs when they're running.

A little crankwalk never hurt any ones car. :laugh: Ok, maybe it did

waves i would take the bet in my cougar and i've only got a few svt parts on my car. i'd be astonished if he even came close to beating you. chances are if you beat him for a $500 wager your not gonna leave there friends anyways lol.

you go ahead and take your chances in a 1g esclipse/talon/laser. ever known anyone to get in a serious accident in one...and walk away?

Tiburons are slow my friend had one and after i smoked him on my 98 svt for about 3 cars he got rid of it and bought a GSR and i then smoked him, until he put a Turbo on it...then i didn't race him.. then he blew his engine...lol..so yes you will be able to beat this Tiburon if your a decent driver 03 tiburons are really slow.

Forgot to add this is in Tucson, AZ elevation at the track is almost 3000 FT ABOVE sea level. At sea level we both should be about .3-.5 faster.

V6 Tiburon before 07 (iirc) is basically a 16 second car. You would beat him with at least an okay launch. Slow launch would be a close race with the edge in your favor. (Tib's are heavy for 2 doors)

The 2G DSM's had a crank walk issue. (weak end caps and thrust bearing area) 1g's did not nor do any 2L engines after the sad demise of the 2nd gen turbo DSM's (Eclipse and thus i.e. Evo)

Don't bother racing a DSM car. They are stupid fast in any turbo form. "Ages ago" I had a '90 GST that could beat my current SVT and I did not put much money into it. It was the car in which I "swore" I would not buy/make another fast FWD car because of... (dangling preposition) I guess I forgot.. :help:

V6 Tiburon before 07 (iirc) is basically a 16 second car. You would beat him with at least an okay launch. Slow launch would be a close race with the edge in your favor. (Tib's are heavy for 2 doors)

The 2G DSM's had a crank walk issue. (weak end caps and thrust bearing area) 1g's did not nor do any 2L engines after the sad demise of the 2nd gen turbo DSM's (Eclipse and thus i.e. Evo)

Don't bother racing a DSM car. They are stupid fast in any turbo form. "Ages ago" I had a '90 GST that could beat my current SVT and I did not put much money into it. It was the car in which I "swore" I would not buy/make another fast FWD car because of... (dangling preposition) I guess I forgot.. :help:

Wow your alive.. Now go fix your website :)

How is the svt running and have you done anything new to it over the last few years?

So true!!!! Flowmasters make alot of noise. Stock svt mufflers flow 320cfms. Flowmasters flow 350 :shrug:.

How many miles do you have? how well maintained is it?
How many miles on his car? auto or stick? or both :shrug:

And assuming an SVT Duratec is pimping about 97% Volumetric Effeciancy, it would only be sucking in about 450CFMs...assume that intake is equal to output and divide that by two, your stock mufflers should be fine no?

My 98 csvt has taken every non turbo'd eclipse its raced. And a stock Tibron.(it was a ATX tho) And i took a 05 mazda speed 6 (edited by mods.. no street racing allowed)....And everyone gets mad cuz my car has such high mileage with the stock motor. So poop on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
One 4 banger and 3 v6's and the Tiburon was pure stock. All i have done to my car is gutted main cat and eliminated resinator, kkm intake with a custom ram air....and Ford racing wires. O and i moved my rev limiter up to 7,300 rpms.

Wow your alive.. Now go fix your website :)

How is the svt running and have you done anything new to it over the last few years?
My website moved a bit after we did. (In Iowa now) The old IP address still has some stuff on it but has not been updated in ages and now that I am no longer with that ISP I have no access to their FTP server.

I fixed the link in my signature with the new site address. I was going to revamp the site but just have not had the time or drive to write the new code. So it is basically just a carbon copy of the old site, but at least all the links work. :laugh:

I have not done anything much to my SVT except drive it and typical maintenance. (new tires, better brake pads, spherical end links)

Back