• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My bro got a new car **PICS**

jtour

CEG'er
My brother got a new car today. He bought a 1966 Mustang Coupe. The guy that he bought it from was trying to make a 350 clone out of a coupe. The seller did all the body work and paint (GM white with Pearl). It looks amazing, no rust at all on the car. The only bad part was that the 289 engine and 4 speed trans was not installed but he sold it with the car. This guy has 2 other 66 stangs and a C5 vette. He simply didnt have time and lost interest in finishing the project. Here are the pictures below. Let me know what you think and any ideas of what my brother should do to it.

596174_131_full.jpg

596174_134_full.jpg

596174_136_full.jpg

Original 66 interior!!!

596174_137_full.jpg

596174_141_full.jpg

596174_143_full.jpg

596174_144_full.jpg

Thanks for looking. To bad winter is just around the corner.

sweet! i saw the exact same looking clone at a shop recently. that looks like an ultimate classic mustang right ther. :cool:

wow shes a beauty!

also, strange how the pevious owner lost interest when it was so close, WTH is the point of spending all that money on restoration to just sell it when your on the "home stretch" . must have had a meth habbit. looks like a good pick up!

Last edited:
That's nice and clean! Please lose those cragars or whatever they are, it just looks like too much chrome. Other than that, looks great! :cool:

It's almost done!

It's almost done!

Nice. Rebuild engine with more ponies, get A/C going with one of the new Sanden compressors, reduce tread depth on rear tires daily:cool:

That's nice and clean! Please lose those cragars or whatever they are, it just looks like too much chrome. Other than that, looks great! :cool:

Bah! The cragars on that car are classic!

That is a mint look'n ride - it is kinda odd that someone would sell the car at that point... That is really where the fun times begin.

To be a "clone", wouldn't the body style have to be a fastback? If so, I'd lose the GT350 stripe as no one would believe it were a real Shelby anyway. The blue stripes are okay if they were available on any model Mustang. Overall though it's a nice looking car. I like mid to late 60's ponycars as is evident by my sig. :cool:
Karl

Yeah, this guy has 2 other 66 stangs and a C5 vette. His wife said he had to get ride of one car and this was it. So my brother is really lucky to have come across this car. The thing is the seller does bodywork for a living so it cost him close to nothing (but his time) to get the car to this point. Now that the garage is freed up he can move in his cabinets his wife wants him to install in their kitchen. I will keep you all posted on this car project.

The car looks great, BUT!, those white lettered tires MUST go:cry: Switch them around to blackwalls and paint the white letters so they can't be seen while driving. Can't wait to see/hear the car when its running, very nice project car!

To be a "clone", wouldn't the body style have to be a fastback? If so, I'd lose the GT350 stripe as no one would believe it were a real Shelby anyway. The blue stripes are okay if they were available on any model Mustang. Overall though it's a nice looking car. I like mid to late 60's ponycars as is evident by my sig. :cool:
Karl

I agree about the rocker stripes, but leave the main blue stripes...ofcoarse:cool:

Back