• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L vs GSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
hot shot ricer at school just got a 92 hatch with a GSR, no power steering, or AC, its got a 3 y pipe back fart cat and some cheep steelies, and a intake.

and he says that his GSR would destroy my car and all his ricer buddies think the same thing, i dont have any interest in racing until my car is tuned and the bugs are worked out, but i just want to know how fast this POS can really be.

so could a crappy 92 hatch beat my 3L?

well when i think about it his motor had 180hp stock, and probably has around 190 now with exhaust and AEM V2 intake.

i probably have 220-230hp at the crank.

but his car weighs hundreds of pounds less than mine.... it would be interesting.

its got 160hp and weighs about 400lbs less than our cars, so hes got about 140hp to the wheels with the intake and stuff maybe 145 but thats it. I believe svt 3l's make at or above 200 whp so even though theres a big weight difference not a problem for the good ol svt unless it had a integra type r motor swap

Putting that motor into a gutted hatch makes for stiff competition with an intake/exhaust / 3 liter contour. :blackeye:

Time to turbo-charge your 3L.. makes for some stiff competition for nearly all cars you cross!
:D

yeah GSR hatches are good for 14s if he knows how to drive, maybe even better. I know a couple guys around cincy with the same setup and they beat cars with more horsepower constantly. But ever car is different so I say, Hey go race and find out :shrug:

its got 160hp and weighs about 400lbs less than our cars, so hes got about 140hp to the wheels with the intake and stuff maybe 145 but thats it. I believe svt 3l's make at or above 200 whp so even though theres a big weight difference not a problem for the good ol svt unless it had a integra type r motor swap

I think gsr motors are 180hp but I'm not sure. B16 motor (si motor) is the one with 160, B18(I think is gsr motor) is 180hp. But I could be totally off :D

I would say the Civic, it's a much lighter car. It would be a good race, besides CSVT's are not 1/4mile cars. From a roll you would stand a better chance.

Aaron

I think gsr motors are 180hp but I'm not sure. B16 motor (si motor) is the one with 160, B18(I think is gsr motor) is 180hp. But I could be totally off :D

the power output is dependant on what year GSR. they range anywhere from 140HP in some 03's to 200+ in a 96 integra GSR. find out what year the motor is from and then go here and look up how much power it made.

its a B18 swap with 180hp stock.

and i think from a slow maybe 15-20mph roll i should take him, because i probably have 100 more ft lbs of torque than he does! probably not that much but i know i have a lot more torque and that thing is all VTEC.

if you start from a dig i believe you'll have him. now from a roll not so sure. once they hit vtak they are quick

buddy of mine has a hatch/b16 built and it can spank me from 20-80. from 0-80 he's all mine. at around 80 were almost neck and neck...highway runs we are also neck and neck.

Ive learned to never judge a car by its looks..We have some beat to junk hatches around town here that willl own alot..rangeing 1/4 times are like 12's-13's..
Ive ran a few Vtech's and Owned them..( they had full intake and Exhasut and flywheel..Clutch..

It really dpends on what hes done to the car, I've put a spanking on some SI Civics, some GSR integras with B18Cs, you shouldnt have a problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back