• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L install

Teaser???

IMG_0370-1.jpg

IMG_0368-1.jpg

Nice teaser Sam. :)
I hope you're a clean freak with your engine Jonah. :D It's going to look good!

Nice teaser Sam. :)
I hope you're a clean freak with your engine Jonah. :D It's going to look good!

Thanks Luca! Project candy cane is complete just in time for crimu.

IMG_0367-2.jpg

IMG_0368-2.jpg

IMG_0369-2.jpg

IMG_0370-2.jpg

Enjoy! Jonah will have it soon :)

Before you guys point out that I forgot to put the fuel rail and injectors in. I didnt have a spare SVT LIM so Jonah is going to put his in and send me my core back.

Last edited:
I was wondering if you would post the pictures of the UIM. That looks sweet!
Blu_Fuz is the man.

Beautiful!
Are you going to leave the SVT badge off the UIM?

im not sure yet, im undecided.. i may get a different one though.

and it kinda looks eww in the pics cause it looks dark, and you dont know what the car looks like really, everything will look A+ in person, promise. lol

Thanks ilive4sports

and once it gets here it will be getting installed asap, sams finding a shipping company now though, so soon.

On another note, i took my stock suspension out today to install the koni/gc's
as i was taking the tie rod off, the stock spring BROKE maybe 2 coils from the top, shot the strut down and coiled all the way up into the tower, right past the strut mount :shocked:

wasnt very fun, and took forever to take out after that happened, but its out now and i will be installing tomorrow, probably only fronts though

the uim looks great, but not feeling the white valve covers...maybe because I'm not diggin' the candy cane look...:shrug: although it might look better in person...are you doing any other colors in the engine bay and will you be powdercoating/painting anything else?

Im not sure what else will be powdercoated, but the white is because of the color scheme of the car, everyone will see soon enough :laugh: its going to look great.

Koni's are installed, after i had all the parts and after one exploding stock spring, it was finished in 3 hours.

Only wish i could drive it now!:help:

The 3L is here!

It should be getting installed this coming week and hopefully finished by the weekend!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks! I love it.. the setup is awesome.

The 3L gets installed tuesday... but i noticed the insulation is falling off on my positive wires running from the battery hopefully thats the only place... the car is a 98 not 98.5

Back