• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2010 SZ: Whats on your "To Do" list before SZ?

Oh snap!

^^^ :laugh:

To do:
1. restore '99 SVT (inside and out) DONE
2. powder coat engine parts - DONE
3. install 3L and built trans - DONE
4. drive/inspect car DONE
5. sell car Check is in the mail
6. party - Doing it more!

I forgot to add that I need to wash EGPLNT and EGPLNT 2.

Gotta go get my trailer this weekend and get going on my special project for it...... awesome

Car has new clutch, flywheel, and Legacy GT gearset.

Now i just need to swap back to ported, coated exhaust manifolds to return myself to the subaru sound. Then do some E85 tune cleanup.

if the rain holds off today I have
shoshop crank pulley to install
ES front motor mount insert
emergency brake cable done
braided brake lines done
put optimized SVT TB back on, not sure I like the 65mm gonna leave the 65mm
install new wheels and tires :drool: (225/45/17 look HUGE) done
Buy a PC424 should be delivered today
Fix A/C getting looked at today
install new steering wheel done
possibly install shosource big bore LIM wont happen until after SZ
doesnt look ill get my exhaust on by SZ :(

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! Spring Zing is right around the corner......this whole section should be filled with excitement!!!!

nothing i had planned will be done in time, i have enough crap to do just cleanin the car up and deciding which hood to put on it :p i'm ready to drink. hahaha

if the rain holds off today I have
shoshop crank pulley to install
ES front motor mount insert
emergency brake cable done
braided brake lines done
put optimized SVT TB back on, not sure I like the 65mm gonna leave the 65mm
install new wheels and tires (225/45/17 look HUGE) done
Buy a PC424 delivered
Fix A/C accumulator is rusted out :(
install new steering wheel done
possibly install shosource big bore LIM wont happen until after SZ
doesnt look ill get my exhaust on by SZ

My GF is gonna pick up a new accumulator when she is at work today, I should make her pay for it too! I have no problem driving 7.5 hours without A/C......BUT SOMEONE doesnt like their hair blowing in their face :laugh:
Ill hopefully get it recharged this weekend

AAAAAHHHHHHH Im running out of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEER!!!!

My GF is gonna pick up a new accumulator when she is at work today, I should make her pay for it too! I have no problem driving 7.5 hours without A/C......BUT SOMEONE doesnt like their hair blowing in their face :laugh:
Ill hopefully get it recharged this weekend

AAAAAHHHHHHH Im running out of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEER!!!!

I see you got the wheel done. We should have an award for nicest MNB wheel. We know how hard they are to come by. Finally found a nice one on an SE of all things in a junkyard. About pooped when I saw it. Put in my car last year.

I see you got the wheel done. We should have an award for nicest MNB wheel. We know how hard they are to come by. Finally found a nice one on an SE of all things in a junkyard. About pooped when I saw it. Put in my car last year.

yeah I am pumped over the wheel!!! My hands would be black driving that far with the old peeling wheel :laugh:

buy some scissors:shrug::laugh:

Ill bring the scissors, you can do the snipping..........Im smarter than that :laugh:

Took care of this little problem last night.....
2821a4d4.jpg

Last edited:
Ummm, were you shooting at that with a BB gun? I have never seen one that bad :nonono:.

My list should be done this weekend.

Not sure if I'll have time to be the 1st ever to use a lightning MAF on a WRX yet or not.

Since we are sharing crappy cell pics of our SZ "get ready" projects, here is one of mine:

Back