• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1995 Mystique 2.0 vs. Saturn ION 2.2

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
alright, so my buddy and i now have a bet for next summer. i have a set of 16" rims in my storage unit and the were mine and i sold them to him and i somehow ended up with them in my storeage unit. so next summer when we go racing, winner gets the rims, best out of 3 races. hes running a nearly stock ION with AEM CAI and Thermal cat back exahust, no power options, with an Ecotec runnin on Mobile 1 synthetic motor oil and 5 speed and with a curb weight of about 2500+lbs

by the time we race, i'll have well, the intake, straight pipe exhaust, 100mm Mac performance UDP, Mobile 1 synthetic motor oil, Amsoil tranny fluid, and i'll have the car chipped and tuned. my curb weight is about 2800 lbs. since i have the rims, i'm thinking about putting on 2 Goodyear Eagle F1's and racing with those for a little more traction.

Do i stand a chance???

Why wait? You should both start now and you'll be just about finished by next summer.. then we'll know.

:D

They run around a mid-high 16 and you are running a low 17 right now. Maybe you take him with a tune and the udp. It will be close though.

you loose.

I've driven 2 Ion 2.2L Ecotecs. one with an Auto, one with a stick. Both would have killed my 96 GL 5 speed. no questions asked.

Do i stand a chance???

Strip the car of everything down to the frame, then maybe.

sentra.jpg

it wouldnt be that bad would it?

Yes it will. Does the Ion have a gutted interior? 2500lbs is about 300 less than stock. From what I have found online the weights of both cars should be within about 50lbs of each other, that being said, the Ion has 15-20hp AND tq over you. Since the agreement was already made, I would just forfeit the rims and pay closer attention to such investments in the future.

Yes it will. Does the Ion have a gutted interior? 2500lbs is about 300 less than stock. From what I have found online the weights of both cars should be within about 50lbs of each other, that being said, the Ion has 15-20hp AND tq over you. Since the agreement was already made, I would just forfeit the rims and pay closer attention to such investments in the future.

no, stock interior in both cars, he just has no power options, where as i have all. i dont think it'd kick my ass that bad.

think maybe with mild or radical racing cams i could take him?

There was only two options when you posted this original question:

1. either you didn't know the answer and you were going to rely on the collective knowledge of the forums to answer it for you
or
2. you already had your answer formed in your head (in which case asking was unneeded and a waste of space) and wanted someone to agree with you.

Now, the majority has spoken, they all say you're in for a major ass whipping and you disagree. Seems to me your trying to say that you went with option two, here...

I mean, if I'm wrong, then surely you'd have something else to add to the argument, the defined variables or the question completely in order to change the opinions of the majority.. :)

FWIW: they're right... either reneg. the bet armed with that knowledge or forfeit the wheels.. but the only way you'll win is if he blows his tranny or shears a shift tower bolt, etc.

I have come to the conclusion that Ray is really an artificial life form, maybe Bishop's long lost brother or Data's father, or something. It has taken me five years to complete the assessment however.

istockphoto_1584559-snails-racing.jpg

Seriously though, here's what you do. By a cheap spring airsoft gun and dont tell him. When your at the light getting ready to roll, take advantage of your power windows and roll down the passenger window. Just before the light changes shoot his window. It will distract him for just enough time for you to take the win. (hopefully) this will probably get you in trouble so do it on the third run. (if you make it to that):crazy:

I have come to the conclusion that Ray is really an artificial life form, maybe Bishop's long lost brother or Data's father, or something. It has taken me five years to complete the assessment however.

Haha.. that's sig worthy there.. I wish there were enough lines to capture that!

THANKS.. uh.. I think?

Back