• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1320's last night

fordman302

Hard-core CEG'er
Last night me and Kyle AKA holyrollerzc3 went to th 1/4 and wanted to see what our SVT's could do..For my first run i ran a 15.4..with a trap of 88.3..R/t of 899...60ft 2.37...Now this was my first time on the track ever in my life..Kyles best run was a 15.28..
I do however need some expert opinion on launching..I baby it off the line a few times and others i got on it a bit harder..And always seemd to have wheel hop..I did some researching and found out that i may need to adjust my roll resistors..I already have the ES front inserts..I was usally going off the clutch 2500-3K..

r/t .899
60' 2.375
330 6.535
1/8 9.996
mph 70.96
1000 12.945
1/4 15.477
mph 88.33

Last edited:
Yeah man, it was good times last night. As posted by Joe, my best time was a 15.288, and i was averaging 15.4 all night, with a few factors I think slowing me down a little. My tires are a little bit bigger then stock diameter and my exhaust is leaking and, well, a mess for lack of a better word!

R/T: .671
60': 2.437
330: 6/565
1/8: 9.956
MPH: 72.34
1000: 12.849
1/4: 15.288
MPH: 90.35

I still need to work on my launching, but i got to get the exuast fixed, then run again to see if it improves any, and then clutch, flywheel, and nitrous is getting installed, and we shall see then!

Awsome times guys, now work on those r/t's, but other than that killer times expecially for your first time fordman302.

r/t has no effect on e/t.

Take you time at the line and work on your 60's

I need to work on getting rid of the wheel hop..When i get some spare time i will have to get under the car and adjust the roll resistors..Any helpful hints you can give me?..

I need to work on getting rid of the wheel hop..When i get some spare time i will have to get under the car and adjust the roll resistors..Any helpful hints you can give me?..

center the rear one, and tighten the front....hard to explain, play with them in different configurations.

Launching the car properly has a huge effect on wheel hop.....you can't just dump the clutch on theses cars.

No i do not dump the clutch i was slipping it but i think i was onthe clutch to much and when i came off completely it was to high of a RPM and wheel hoping to place..Im still not completely use to this clutch..Spec stage 1..I know its not much diff than stock but it disengages very quick..I think with some practice and such it should be fine..

center the rear one, and tighten the front....hard to explain, play with them in different configurations.

Launching the car properly has a huge effect on wheel hop.....you can't just dump the clutch on theses cars.

Pracitce is everything.

Practice puts your bolt-on SVT into the 14s and your SE with an intake and exhaust to a 15.1 :cool:

r/t has no effect on e/t.

Yes I agree 10000000000000000% but if he starts getting into bracket racing r/t's can be a factor. I made it to the semi finals at Fun Ford Weekend this year here in Atlanta and I was the ONLY v6 and the ONLY manual and what got me out of the finals was my r/t I had a r/t of .030 and the guy who beat me got a .009

Everything is a factor when it comes to bracket racing, but just for good 1/4 mile runs, you are right you can sit there at the light for 30 minuites and it wont matter, time is time.

I run a 15.1 or better in my 3L swap. (Full 3l motor, no svt heads/cams/intakes) That is babying the :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of it offthe line, and wider than stock tires.
Also has the Full 3L Exhaust, Manifolds with pre cats, Y pipe cat Resistor and original mufflers. None of it has been gutted.

his car is in need of mods. it's a 3L but it's a straight swap. if he got the normal bolt ons he would have the extra 40HP he needs and could get into the 14's. i'm sure joe is working on the mods part but he also has a mustang :)

Back