• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

First pics of my new ride...FINALLY!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
YES!, I stepped up and tried photobucket. Thanks for all the positive "pushing" from the long time members, you've asked for it and here it is, the first of wave of whoring....

The very first pics
100_4830.jpg

100_4829.jpg

100_4831.jpg

100_4832.jpg

My MA pulling my car off the showroom floor and going to fill it up!
100_4833.jpg

Not as a nice of view from the previous pic, but nice none the less!
100_4834.jpg

2 days later I'm at the dyno, not dynoing, but watching. At this point I've only got 150 miles on the car. The next pics will show stock ride height (mine) and Ryan's ride with German-spec H&R's and 18's.
100_4842.jpg

100_4841.jpg

From the rear now...
100_4840.jpg

100_4839.jpg

Ok, its late and I'm going to bed. Thank you again for the "pushing" and I'll post some more pics here from the dyno, there's some really interesting pics coming up, trust me!

Btw...

Btw...

...those springs ARE going on the car, but it has to wait till next year as I've emptied the spendable account for the year. I will put up a detailed photo shoot of my mods in another post, proof that I've done the things I've said I've done:laugh:

Very nice..I must say those little things are quick..Ran into one last night..

Did you blow the airbags?

....Looks great. FINALLY, pictures of your OWN car. Not someone's car that looks like your's, or a green SVT that sort of reminds you of it, or a green M&M that's roughly the same size, or.......

Cool ride, but I can't help myself from laughing at MC's because they all look like clown cars. I don't see how you can live with that center mounted speedo, they drive me crazy.

Nice car roger....Not a big fan of it. It works i guess

I wish you went with the MS6

Cool ride, but I can't help myself from laughing at MC's because they all look like clown cars. I don't see how you can live with that center mounted speedo, they drive me crazy.
The speedometer is mounted next to the tach if you spring for the navigation option, since the LCD replaces the speedo in the center dash. (Not that I remember if he got that or not..)

The speedometer is mounted next to the tach if you spring for the navigation option, since the LCD replaces the speedo in the center dash. (Not that I remember if he got that or not..)

This is only true on the previous model (R53's 2002-2006) This is one of the reasons for the larger speedo on the new MINI. When someone opts for the NAV system there's a short needle that just goes around the outside of the speedo and the tach stays where it belongs, right infront of the driver.

As far as the center mounted speedo, you get used to it in a big hurry, trust me. IMO its not so weird like say in the Saturn ION. You need to keep in mind this keeps with the cars retro styling and makes the car special and unique. I will say this about it though, people either love it or hate it. Now about the clown car stuff, the car isn't THAT small, geez:rolleyes:

I tried but...

I tried but...

100_4831.jpg

If you look out in the parking lot there's a silver E46 M3 out there for sale. I thought all the Comp packages were that sweet blue, but I'm pretty sure she said it was the comp package and it does have the 19" BBS rims on it and has the red interior, silver on red M3:drool: :drool: :drool: Its a 2005 and is only $58K, but the wife said NO (like I could afford it anyways:rolleyes: ) LOL!

I love Mini's, but that color doesnt do it for me :blackeye:

Other then that, put some springs on that baby

I love Mini's, but that color doesnt do it for me :blackeye:

Other then that, put some springs on that baby

Sorry you don't like the color, but as a traditionist it was really the only color I could see myself going with, too bad its not "real" BRG and some guys on the MINI forum call it "Bavarian Racing Green":laugh: I will be getting the springs installed next spring, I've exhausted my extra money for now and besides, the H&R's for it just came out. That guy in the other pic custom ordered his from Germany, he just couldn't wait.

I would have gotten red, but you can't mess with tradition.:laugh:

Well Red is a traditional color for the MINI too, its the color of the ones that won the Monte Carlo Rally in 64' and 65'. I picked BRG because its a British car (yes I know its owned by BMW) but its still built in England. A close second though is the Pepper White w/black roof and mirrors trimmed in Loungewood Red interior w/ black piping:drool: :drool: :drool:

Who knows Hector, maybe you'll be converted:shrug:

Mini>evo, Lol!

Mini>evo, Lol!

Um no.....Evo>Mini:crazy:

If for some reason you can't make it to the Dragon this year Hector, look out next year when you go as I'll have a full year and half of driving this street legal GO-KART under my belt and will replace the tires right before the Dragon Run 08', then we'll see who's greater than:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Since your car has so much of an advantage in the hp/torque/grip department you can lead me around the Dragon but don't worry if you feel a little nudge from the backside, it will be me and I'll put something soft on the front bumper as not to damage our cars:p :troutslap: :D

Back