• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#1 98 Csvt?

Maybe a wasted discussion, maybe not. If the #1 and #2 have Mystique taillights and their VIN #'s are non-sequential there could be production cars out there like that with those taillights.

shed some light

shed some light

i have a jan 98 gl which as always a pain when asked cause i feel like that answer is gonna push away the parts i need, but anyway i didnt have mystiques when i bought it, however now i have the pre 98 setup.

Old thread revisited:
I was thinking that the #1 car was most likely the first car they used in the promo video, which would probably explain why it had the pre-98 center console. Later in the video the car had the post 98 console which means that most likely it was another car, maybe the #3?

This also makes me wonder, was it only the first few SVTs that had the Mystique tails or would it have been the first few Contours in general? Since there are gaps between SVTs, I would guess that there are a few, if still around, regular Contours with lower build dates with Mystique tails.

Back