• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#1 98 Csvt?

does anyone know what ever happened to the Saleen SVT Contour? i have older pics of it, but i haven't heard much about it in the past few years. that car is soo sick.

does anyone know what ever happened to the Saleen SVT Contour? i have older pics of it, but i haven't heard much about it in the past few years. that car is soo sick.

funny i was just talking to todras about this today. boumacj sold it to someone who isn't a member here

I took alot of pictures of it over the time I owned it and have been asked to write an article about it. I'll keep you all posted on the article--you know the CEG will get some love

Old thread revisited:
I was thinking that the #1 car was most likely the first car they used in the promo video, which would probably explain why it had the pre-98 center console. Later in the video the car had the post 98 console which means that most likely it was another car, maybe the #3?

This also makes me wonder, was it only the first few SVTs that had the Mystique tails or would it have been the first few Contours in general? Since there are gaps between SVTs, I would guess that there are a few, if still around, regular Contours with lower build dates with Mystique tails.

I don't think Misty tails have Mercury logos in them, though. I'm pretty sure they have Ford logos. Someone with a Mystique will have to verify this, however.

I don't think Misty tails have Mercury logos in them, though. I'm pretty sure they have Ford logos. Someone with a Mystique will have to verify this, however.
they have the round mercury logo in the center of the reflector.

P1010053.jpg

Besides, this is all wasted discussions anyways, as the promo vid CSVT was a pre-production model, which, as many of you know, all go to the crusher, just like the new Taurus SHO that was at Spring Zing :shrug:

Back