• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

05 sable motor

turbojimbo

CEG'er
Im lookin into gettin a 05 sable motor , and I have read thing about changing cams and oil pan, dipstick and dipstick tube. I would like some opinion's should I swap out 3L cams for svt cams and should I keep the 05 oil pan or change the pan?

If u're not planning on major performance additions, the sable pan & dipstick n tube should suffice. As for the cams, u can go either way. Generally, the concensus is that u get all the power in the top end with the svt cams, while the stock 3L cams including the sable's give u most of its power in the lower rpms. In other words, u dont have to mash on ur pedal too far to get the stock 3L & cams moving.

Escape is the way for sure. No messing around with the oil pan and plus you get the Escape UIM which doesn't get used too often, and it fits a little better than you might think.

okay im going to keep the 05 oil pan and dipstick and tube, still not sure to swap cams or not :shrug: i kinda want too just for the heck of it, but i dont know, and who or where can i get Bugzuki plates?

Back