• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Double Din?

Pffffff. In one post you say you really don't want to do these unless someone pays you a boatload of money, and yet you won't help those that might like to do it themselves. Some spirit of helpfulness you've got there. Lets see if we can make modding the Contour anymore difficult. :rolleyes:

A boat load of money is what something that custom costs. You'd be getting for a steal if he only chaged you 175 dollars. This is the exact thing I was talking about in other threads. People want handouts, and want to take away any leverage steeda, myself, or others have over earning some spare income.

You guys have NO IDEA how many PM's I get from people about headlights. Not about making a set for them, but on HOW TO DO IT. Im sorry, I spent all that time doing the R&D and tinkering with the stupid things. Im not willing to just let that time go to waste when I can recoup some of the money and buy books for next semester.

It's that kind of 'screw you, do it yourself' attitude that I can do without, and that really has no place here. He'll still have people wanting him to do it for them even if he tells, so it's not as if he'd be losing any (potential) business.

But I'll tell you, this is just the sort of thing that makes me WANT to scour for hours until I find it, just to tell everyone anyway. Yes, I'm that kind of spiteful b@stard.

Thats just exactly it, if he told people how to do it, then those people who might have paid him are going to try it themselves and WONT come to him, which is a lose of income to jason potentially a large one if enough people think they can do it themselves.

All of the stuff Jason and some of the stuff ive come up with come from thinking through ideas, testing them out, and then perfecting them. Is compensation wrong ?

There are alot of mechanical things that I dont know how to do but want to learn. Whats my solution? Trade what I do know for what I dont. Worldtour, steeda, Rara all of them are willing to help me because they know I can bring something to the table thats of interest to them. If you're so inclined to get a Double Din set up without spending money why dont you try seeing what you can bring to jason instead of money?

If you were a stripper with a super money earning dong whip move, how would you feel if i came up to you and asked you to teach me how to do it so i could clean house??

that dash looks amazing, i say go for the aluminum look, im going to paint a few things to have the aluminum look like the black plastic on the gauge cluster (where the actual guages are) and the black plastic piece that says contour

It's nice that even a picture is shown. I don't know how many people will reverse engineer one based on a picture, but a how-to on the process is not something that should be expected.

Looking forward to seeing how you move the HVAC, not a how-to, but at least a picture so I can reverse engi......errr, appreciate the quality of your work.;)

Ohh Damn you found out. Good luck using that bezel.. if you wanna try that i have one here

if i could afford to put a double din in i would pay for sumthing like that and not try to make it but for the headlights ill try and try and try till im broke ohh wait i am broke you make awsome headlight pudmonkie

Pioneer systems suck. you have to open it up and solder the board if you want video while driving. and the D1/D2 doesn't have DVD player. You have to go to the Z1 for double din and its like 1500 bucks. No thank you

Both of them have Navi like that todd. The clarions is actually faster becuase of the hard drive and has more point of interests

Yea my goofy friend with a sti is getting the pio avicd2 i believe, it has navi and dvd its like 1900 but hes a rich b****, i say go for in dash dvd and have a portable gps, you can bring it in anycar. I don't really like those indash navi's they look way too complicated

If it were me, I would get everything ready before posting. And I would post in a "Group Buy" thread. That way, nobody will have any hard feelings. Not everyone would want to spend countless hours to try and do a mod. In fact, I think most would be willing to pay someone else to do it for them. Incidentally, making a profit is a good thing. That is what motivates people and produces innovative ideas. ;)

Back