• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pictures please

Steeda had some pics posted but they were on the old forums which have been down for a while now. I'm interested in this thread too.

All I have right now....carpet is over the speaker on the top side

DSC02123.jpg

I would like to do this but i dont know that i trust the sheet metal to support my 12" CVR. :crazy:

How dose the free flowing sub sound?

I really really need to use the head unit to adjust the settings of the sub. Rock music it works well. With rap or any other heavy bass music, it is alright...but like I said I need to adjust the settings.

All I have right now....carpet is over the speaker on the top side

DSC02123.jpg

Is the sub mounted from underneath the deck? Am I seeing that correctly? Is that a Tang Band? 6.5" or 8"? I am really interested in doing this and I would probably go the exact same route.

Aint they usually under the hood..? Thats where mine is, haha.

That's where they should be. If the amp internally shorts, it has its own fuses to protect itself. So the fuses right outside the amp itself are redundant. The inline fuses on the wire are to protect the wire. If something shorts on the wire, between the battery and the amp, it will heat up until it catch fire, that's why there are fuses right after the battery.

wow that is really nice, no prob on the speaker grills - glad I could help! Was the height of the sides enough to clear the range of the speaker travel?

Back