• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

am i missing somthing

montrese04

Veteran CEG'er
i have a 98 eo and i was wondering am i missing a fuse, if so which one. because i noticed right above the bottom left corner of this pic right above the big black fuse there is something missing. also which one of these fuses has something to do with my car starting up. Or could some one point me to a diagram of what stands for what.

MVC-066S.jpg

Last edited:
That's where the daytime running light relay goes, you can search here for the part number. That metal piece in there is a jumper that completes the circuit for the high beams when the relay isn't installed.

~Mike~

ok i'm a lil confused. Do we usually have those already installed on the cars or is that something we haft to do as a upgrade ourselves

ok i'm a lil confused. Do we usually have those already installed on the cars or is that something we haft to do as a upgrade ourselves

We do if you live in canada:shrug:

Canada's laws make it mandatory for all their cars to run day time running lights. Since here in the states it's optional...ford doesn't waste the money having them on our cars.

so if a relay is put in said hole one would have daytime running lights :shrug:

What about the 95-97 generation? Do we have that option? And 'BAD SVT' dude you have to be patient for the pic to load ha.
Check your owner's manual, the fuse/relay diagram will tell you where the DRL relay would go. Rule of thumb, if the car was available in Canada, you have this option (See above post about Canadian law and DRL).

Most Fords are like this, the "kit" the dealership sells for daytime running lights is just a relay.

~Mike~

Not all Contours/Mystiques have the connection for a DRL relay. For some reason, certain models didn't get the DRL relay connection in the fuse box.

If you have the spot, it's as easy as removing the jumper and installing the relay. As EuroTour said, it's the high beams at half power. When you turn the low beams on, they shut off. They look great with the fog light mod.

DSCF1934Medium.jpg

time to make a run to a junkyard in ontario. i'll grab all i can when i go. or one of our canadian friends might be able to help :)

Back