• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

underdrive pulley

robo519

CEG'er
tryin to find some but can't seem to find them anywhere! any help but be appreciated!

asp still makes one for the duratec..check ebay under cougar or something. unorthodox used to,but i'm not srue they do anymore. i personally liked the mod...others will chime in and tell you this and that.

they sell a 3 piece pulley set for the mazda 6:shrug:

I wonder if those would fit on our cars?

Well the crank and alternator should...:shrug:

And now you've brought the 626 into it. I guess I might as well mention the Probe and get the whole GD, GE and GF family in.

I saw where Harry mentioned the 6 but he replied to the Robo question about it being the same engine as the mx6.

And now you've brought the 626 into it. I guess I might as well mention the Probe and get the whole GD, GE and GF family in.

I saw where Harry mentioned the 6 but he replied to the Robo question about it being the same engine as the mx6.
oops. read over robos post to fast and it didnt register. :troutslap:

I never said its the same engine???

I said NO.......etc etc

tryin to find some but can't seem to find them anywhere! any help but be appreciated!

If you're interested in used I have 1 each of UR and ASP. The ASP has been lightened further. I've had 1 or the other on all my motors and can attest to the usefulness (better mileage & noticeable improvement in engine acceleration) on a long term basis.

PM me if you're interested-I'd be looking for about $50 depending on which 1 you want.

FluidAmpr makes a wonderful underdrive crank pulley. (See 3L Mazda 6 - yes it fits)
It is a bit pricey but is worth every penny IMNSHO. Far superior to any stock offering in taming NVH and torsional bending. It is 10% under-driven.

I can't recommend running an aftermarket pulley without the damper but there is real world proof that "if" you keep the engine rpm down (i.e. under 6700) you can run one for extended periods of time without failure. You can search for a few very detailed write-ups on this subject.

Back