• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall Meet

Hey, how about Saturday the 25th? The leaves should just about be at their peak:shrug:

I'm out, that's the weekend I head out to my parents and put the tour into thier garage for winter storage and then I need to prep the mustang for storage also. I think Mike , Kim, Brian and some others start puting them away also, although I don't know when but that is getting very close to november..my cars are scared of fould weather :eek:.

yup after the fall meet I will be shuffling cars around also and getting them ready for the winter ...

I say we stick with the second weekend in october like normal.

yup after the fall meet I will be shuffling cars around also and getting them ready for the winter ...

I say we stick with the second weekend in october like normal.
sounds good:cool:

My car probably won't be registered by them:blackeye:

Meh, it's better for the calendar that way:laugh:

I like it. I'm sure we can find place to eat on the way. I would love to pick up some pumpkins, go on a hayride and run through a cornfield maze :laugh:

New Hampshire is one of the best states. But alright, we can do a drive through downtown Pawtucket instead. It's beautiful there. :laugh:

Anybody considered blasting out Rte. 44 from RI to Middleboro / Lakeville, MA? It's pretty countrified down there, and there's a great place called the Fireside on the traffic circle at 44 and 18 where we could stop for food.

thats my area, woot

Ok, So option 1 would be Jared's route:

Meet at 10am at the Honeydew donut's in Abington, Ma drive approx. 50 mins down to Carver, Ma where we could check out a cranberry bog farm. After that we would Continue down Rte. 58 to where it crosses I-495. Take 495 north to the Fireside Grille in Middleboro, MA. We should hit the Restaurant around 12:30 or 1PM.

Does that sound about right?

Now Skunks route is a bit different.

1st I make the meeting stop at the large parking area for the mass pike that is located in the rear of the McDonalds parking lot in Palmer, Ma this would make it easy for peeps taking RT.20 in or the Pike. We would then take some of my old back roads to the Quabbin which they just did a nice paving job on the roads in there,after a photo op there we will move onto RT.9 and make our way to RT.32A then jump onto RT.122 then hit the absolute best part of RT.202 all twisty going back to RT.9 with a couple of nice stops on the way( a nice apple farm with store and mountian views,a nice lake to stop at also) there is a parking spot on RT.202 that over looks the opposite side of the Quabbin before we end back in Belchertown( this whole route if you look on a map loop around the entire Quabbin reservoir) and make our way to the McDonalds in Palmer. This route isn't qiuck but not crazy long but a very nice driving route with sites...one of my favorites in the fall. just an idea I wanted to throw out there.

Both Sound good and should be about the same driving time. I would like to stop some where a little better than McD's if we do Skunks route.

Anyone else want to put up a route and ideas? If not I say we make a choice as to which one we do.

I like both ideas.

Probably will be continuing my tradition of bringing a different car to every NECEG Fall Meet. :crazy:
Contour SE, [2003 skipped], Forester, Miata, Maxima, Contour SVT, Legacy.

I think I will bring Laura, but I briefly entertained the idea of bringing the 1988 Town Car. Good for twisties. :cool: :laugh:

I hope I don't upset anyone since Kim put this up for a vote but the more I thought about my route and read what people were looking for I think I'm better doing my meet in the spring/summer and here is why. The route I designed while it has a ton of scenary it is a drivers route and the towns are small towns and I don't know really what they have for eateries, Palmer doesn't have much Freindlys, Wendy's, etc. Belchertown has McDonalds and some local stuff again not much but I'm sure something would have worked.

I would like to start the meet near my house(Duncan Donuts in sturbridge) to take nicer back roads heading out to Qaubbin. Roads that I like to take and toss the cars around, smooth and twisty, then do the qaubbin route head back to Sturbridge and either have a cookout at my house(if doing in the summer), eat at resturaunt in sturbridge(I know again) or a cookout/swim deal at the inlaws If I can swing it(again if doing in the summer).

I just want my meet to be alot fun and to have alittle of what everyone wants and I'm not sure if the way it is now it will be that way. I know the route I have set up is an awsome driving route that will get the cars nice and happy before the winter storage, tons of tight curves and fun straights but I would have to bring us back to Sturbridge area to eat so I now I could get us somewhere that would satisfy everyone.

So I'm not sure if I should bow out totally or modify my route a little if the vote goes to my route. LauraSVT's route is a very nice meet also and we haven't done much in that area, any thoughts should I stay in or bow out and we go with LauraSVT meet?

I see no problem with your route/meet. having to drive back alittle for food doesn't bother me. Plus ending back in Sturbridge would be good for those needing to take the Pike or 84 when heading home.

I don't think it's a problem for you to modify your cruise route at all. It's still somewhat in that area, and I think those that have voted already trust that you'll make the cruise enjoyable.
The finer details can be hashed out later (meet time, stops along the route, eatery, etc).

okay, I just wanted to make it a good one. having the right places to eat, etc is important to keep all happy :laugh:. If it turn out we go my route I will work it out.:cool:

I voted in the poll topic.
A friend of mine just scheduled trail clearing in upstate NY for weekend of 11th-12th. I missed it this summer so I will be torn as to which event to attend .. therefore voted 18th-19th.
Maybe we should just have two Fall Meets ... we have two weekends at dead heat and two routes outlined :crazy:

Back