• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looky Looky... KSport

Any update on the ride height problem? I would like to get these, but if the front ends up too low I may have to pass and end up with choice #2 (Koni/GC :rolleyes:).

Well with my front splitter off the car I have tons of clearance... as I remember correctly Starjammer was not sporting a Mirko at SZ08 (but he did buy one there) so he would not have as much of a problem as I have.

I think the concern that some of us have is the adjustability of the KIT on the front of your car. Looking at it your tires are almost flush with the fender and you say that the collar is 4 turns to max height. That is a problem when others are saying "the old kit" you could go "way up or way down".

I would say that at fully lowered the way the collars are, the tires would bottom out on the top of the fender. :eek:

i am really pumped. i'v been on full slam on my gcs/ konis for 2 years. i can't wait to really get into this cougar a little more up close and personal. :):)

If you can hold up til Monday, I am putting the new camber kit on, I can take as many pics as you want. Let me know what you want.

I think the concern that some of us have is the adjustability of the KIT on the front of your car. Looking at it your tires are almost flush with the fender and you say that the collar is 4 turns to max height. That is a problem when others are saying "the old kit" you could go "way up or way down".

I would say that at fully lowered the way the collars are, the tires would bottom out on the top of the fender. :eek:

Quit being a wuss. D2's and ksports are for slamming the :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: on the ground! You want some lift pick up Koni's or spax and bat springs.

If you can hold up til Monday, I am putting the new camber kit on, I can take as many pics as you want. Let me know what you want.

Take plenty of pictures, but also take measurements from the base of the coilover to the bottom of the locking collar for the spring.

Other question... why did you pick up another camber kit? Reason I ask is because I bought the one you recommended from Rock Auto. Did you have problems with it?

Don't measure just slam! Honestly setting the side to side was a pain in the balls. You realize due to weight distro and differences his measurements, and side to side measurements dont really help right?

DSC02093.jpg

i like that. I'm goin LOW. my plans are to go as low as i can without spring to tires hitting as that front spring looks particulary large and without any wicked rubbing. but i have no front wheel wells and am willing to lose the back. mwahahaha!

Oh im pumped,

new ksports
2 new kdw2s
drivers ball joint, hub w/ bearing, tie rod end
drivers axle
soon to be aligned

i can't wait to be able to drive this jalopy again cuz the rustang SUCKS!

Take plenty of pictures, but also take measurements from the base of the coilover to the bottom of the locking collar for the spring.

Other question... why did you pick up another camber kit? Reason I ask is because I bought the one you recommended from Rock Auto. Did you have problems with it?

The camber kit that is on my car now was the one that came with the car when I got it 2 years ago. Also, Rockauto ran out of the one you got. You got the SPC one, I ordered the MOOG one.

Don't measure just slam! Honestly setting the side to side was a pain in the balls.

Yes I am aware of the pain. However I want to do it right.

You realize due to weight distro and differences his measurements, and side to side measurements dont really help right?

I'm not going to copy his settings. I'm just curious to know where he has them set too.

Yes I am aware of the pain. However I want to do it right.

I'm not going to copy his settings. I'm just curious to know where he has them set too.

I understand... I spent 3 days setting mine to where I wanted it. Might be worth it to find a drive on lift since every time I set it I had to let it down and allow it to settle.

Any updates?

I actually pulled my drivers side strut to see if there was anything I could do to raise it more... Doesn't look too promising.

The front coilovers don't truly seem like coilovers in the sense that you can't adjust height without adjusting the spring locks (thus adjusting spring compression). A true coilover allows you to maintain spring compression but adjust the height of the struts thread shafted as in it turns in or out of the knuckle. The rear KSport coilovers allow this... just not the front. I wonder why this is.

The front coilovers don't truly seem like coilovers in the sense that you can't adjust height without adjusting the spring locks (thus adjusting spring compression). A true coilover allows you to maintain spring compression but adjust the height of the struts thread shafted as in it turns in or out of the knuckle. The rear KSport coilovers allow this... just not the front. I wonder why this is.

That sucks - for that kinda money I woulda though you would have complete adjustability...

They don't look like this?

coil-w_LRG.jpg

No. Like this. Notice the bottom red collar. The damper you have there is set up for dual springs. You can't preload and set ride height independently.
Item-33-8.jpg

Umm - that is why on a true coilover you can set the pressure and valving to your needs, as well as buy your desired spring rate. I'm guessing your KSports only offer one spring in the kit?

its mainly b/c of the way the strut is pinched into the knuckle on this platform. on my probe gt were the struts have two "ears" that are bolted to the knuckle the ksports were able to be adjusted by lowering the whole strut,or just the spring perch.

I think the folks at ground control nailed it when they chose the 525lb and 275lb spring combo. That doesnt mean that I havent purchased many other springs. What are the standard spring rates for the ksports?

Back