• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

car stalling

ya i've been snoop'n around for one. seems that they are manufactured by Cardone. I'm tired of working on the car. I'm thinking its a failed TPS again. like i've said all my previous symptoms point to the TPS. I just don't wanna believe it cause I replaced it already. I checked it with my DVOM but I couldn't get a good reading.

I'd imagine the TPS circuit is the same for the v6's for the pre 98 years. I had an issuse with my TPS. if you ground a multimeter then backprobe the three wires, one should be the signal (~5volts) a ground i think and the last is the signal return. With the key to the on position and the engine off, the last terminal read close to or less than a volt. As you simulate accelerating, the voltage should increase. If it doesn't, I'm feeling a TPS. If two pins read the same voltage, SHORT!

I just checked it and it check out ok. I don't know what my problem is now. I might just replace both of them cause they are under warranty still. funny thing, is when my TPS was bad before I got a code for the MAF (p0103) i never got a code for the TPS. the TPS was physically damaged so i replaced it and like magic the P0103 went away. now i'm back to the same problem.

Back