• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L is toast

SSSSHHHHHHHHH edit that post! If you have any free time friday or sat come on down. I think I found a head or a set of heads I'm going to throw on here

There shouldn't be much work or money to get this car running, replacing the chain, possibly a valve or two (or at least they just need to be checked to ensure they weren't damaged when cranking the engine after cam seized, only front cam though), and draining the oil to get out any possible metal shavings from the cam snapping.

that's a little different from a whole new motor! lol, though reading through the ad again, I guess you were expecting this anyway huh?

that's a little different from a whole new motor! lol, though reading through the ad again, I guess you were expecting this anyway huh?
It doesnt suprise me any no. He also was a little shady in this. He knew the caps were jacked up because the bolts were out of them and the valve cover bolts werent tight. the uim bolts were loose aand the rear valve cover as well. The condition of the head was no suprise to him im sure. I wish I had known b4 but its all good. This car needs someone like me to bring it back and show it some love. I may just do a hybrid now. All the stuff is in the trunk to do it. I have svt heads uim and lim, tb etc...

OMFG! I posted in this seller's for sale thread...calling him out on it not being a simple fix and the classifieds mod gave me :censored::censored::censored::censored:...

I hope you get some money from him because you have no simple fix. Looks like the mechanic had NO CLUE as to how to swap the timing gear over... :rolleyes:

This is why the classified's mod sucks. Those posts were erased. :rolleyes:

OMFG! I posted in this seller's for sale thread...calling him out on it not being a simple fix and the classifieds mod gave me :censored::censored::censored::censored:...

I hope you get some money from him because you have no simple fix. Looks like the mechanic had NO CLUE as to how to swap the timing gear over... :rolleyes:

This is why the classified's mod sucks. Those posts were erased. :rolleyes:
Eh I thik I got a decent deal on the car. I paid less than his asking price and I got it delivered for nothing. I had an idea it was going to be some work. I was however hoping that it was going to be as simple as putting new timing equipment on it and calling it a day. I was pulling the cams to find a part number and see if I really have svt cams when I found the whole cam cap deal. It sucks but I'll either turn this into a hybrid or throw another head on it if I can ever find one!

Dude, you're gonna need to pull the motor, and it doesn't look like you have those facilities at your immediate disposal.

And those cams may be toast as well...

Even if you got him down by $1000 you've been hosed...

Dude, you're gonna need to pull the motor, and it doesn't look like you have those facilities at your immediate disposal.

And those cams may be toast as well...

Even if you got him down by $1000 you've been hosed...
Eh idk about completely hosed. Not happy with the situation but I couldnt have bought all the parts I got with this car for the money I spent on it. It will be worth it in the end i believe.

It'll be worth it once we get everything sorted out. Any word on that Tribute head?
I cant call them till monday. I'll have to leave work early to go get it on monday. It being an 06 though will it still work?

the cam caps are all clearly labeled and wer all in the location they were supposed to be in according to those labels.

Back