• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Next years Dragon Run

didn't you know that spewing metered air out of your car adds eleventy billion horsepower?

I personally hate Blow off valves. They are the popped collar of the automotive world. Why install something that just screams "look at me, I think I am cool." I would just recirculate it instead of spitting the air out in an attention grabbing woosh. The only sounds I want to hear from a car are: an engine growling, a supercharger whining, turbo spooling, or tire squealing.
I have mine recirculating and you can still hear the whoosh!:laugh:

I would like to personally thank Randy, OB, and Hector for owning Ryan. I recognize that kicking Ryan's e-ass on a daily basis is a full time job, and I just can't commit the hours needed to handle that. Thank you guys for stepping up and putting him in his place. :cool:

BPV FTW. ;)

Aww Randy do you have f/i envy, whats the differance between a loud s/c whine compared to a bov? They both say f/i dont they:shrug:

And yes its been established the contour isnt a 1/4 car and is slower than alot of the competition I still love racing mine on a 1/4 track. Some guys are road course guys, I am a 1/4 guy.

Aww Randy do you have f/i envy, whats the differance between a loud s/c whine compared to a bov? They both say f/i dont they:shrug:

And yes its been established the contour isnt a 1/4 car and is slower than alot of the competition I still love racing mine on a 1/4 track. Some guys are road course guys, I am a 1/4 guy.

I do not have Forced induction envy. I like fast cars, and I dont really care how that power is created. A fast NA, Turbo, Supercharged, or nitrous car are all fun to drive. Trust me, if I wanted something super or turbo charged I would have it now.

The difference between supercharger whine or turbo spool when compared to a BOV is that the loud BOV is totally unnecessary. I am not saying I want a silent car, I am just saying don't make it louder without a purpose. Making your turbo go woosh to sound cool is just ricey. I think it is stupid to add a BOV just to make more noise.

I do not have Forced induction envy. I like fast cars, and I dont really care how that power is created. A fast NA, Turbo, Supercharged, or nitrous car are all fun to drive. Trust me, if I wanted something super or turbo charged I would have it now.

The difference between supercharger whine or turbo spool when compared to a BOV is that the loud BOV is totally unnecessary. I am not saying I want a silent car, I am just saying don't make it louder without a purpose. Making your turbo go woosh to sound cool is just ricey. I think it is stupid to add a BOV just to make more noise.

Ok well I didnt add the rfl, but I am keeping it for sure. Its my track and show car and I love the bov so nany nany boo boo:laugh:

mine is loud but not to sound cool, although it does. i chose the HKS because of its design, how it works, and price. its such a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: to mount to the pipe (damn snap rings :mad:) that if there was something that worked the same way and was about the same price i would have gone with it.

BOV is necessary. It is loud depending on certain components.

Now the people who get the BOV speaker.....they are ricey.:laugh:

Exactly, Hector. A BOV/BPV is necessary for a turbo system. Ask Lacy about Turbo Tom's Focus from several years ago; he was running 30+lbs and you never heard his BOV. They don't have to be loud (or even audible) to do their job. ;)

Exactly, Hector. A BOV/BPV is necessary for a turbo system. Ask Lacy about Turbo Tom's Focus from several years ago; he was running 30+lbs and you never heard his BOV. They don't have to be loud (or even audible) to do their job. ;)

I understand the need for a properly set up BOV, but what I am referring to as unnecessary is a BOV like Ryan's. Something that is extra loud and lets the whole world know you have a turbo. I prefer a nice and as quiet as possible recirculating BOV system.

I would avoid BOV's that dump to the atmosphere and make crap loads of noise. People get tired of hearing a car go woosh, woosh every time you get off the throttle.

Can we get a "rough draft" as to who's intending on showing up to the Dragon and if you plan on staying with us at Caney Creek or where your planning on staying.

1. Klasse Act

1. Klasse Act
2. Ryanblacksvt
3. striker2 - i might have a friend from WI come down that weekend as well.

1. Klasse Act
2. Ryanblacksvt
4. RandyCSVT

I will do whatever it takes to get there! I have already convinced the wife that it would be great sight seeing. What are the dates though? I need to plan way in advance to make this happen.

1. Klasse Act
2. Ryanblacksvt
4. RandyCSVT
5. Hector and father

1. Klasse Act
2. Ryanblacksvt
4. RandyCSVT
5. Hector and father
6. Icysvt!

1. Klasse Act
2. Ryanblacksvt
4. RandyCSVT
5. Hector and father
6. Icysvt!
7. tigerbalm

i just need the dates

We can vote on the dates for sure, but yeah, its going to be end of Sept/beginning of October, so please keep that in mind:cool: I will get up a seperate post with poll right after SZ08'. Looks like its going to be a great run again.

BTW, the guy coming down from WI, get with Hector and ride down "contouravan" style, well, we've used that term for some time now and although we don't have our cars anymore the term still sounds cool:laugh:

Back