• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Couple of night shots

Redlineracer12

Addicted CEG'er
I was bored tonight and I just finished putzing with a few things on the car. I've been meaning to figure out this new camera we got and I finally found the night scenery setting :troutslap: Now I NEED a tripod if I wanna try this again because I can't hold a camera steady to save my life apparently.

Down in front of a local private airport
SVT020.jpg

Hi resolution version

Street lamp near airport hangers
SVT034.jpg

Hi resolution version

Opinions welcome :)

hhhmmmmm... that low to the ground with a tripod...got any ideas?

eh I have one and it works pretty good on flat ground :shrug:

ive got about a 8" tripod with bendy legs so it can be put in any stance or on any surface really. came with my camera off ebay

Thanks all :) I know i desperately need a better way to keep it steady. Those were my best ones, you don't want to see the others :troutslap:

I'll work on it for next time. I try to keep the contour clean, it has 52k miles and is usually only driven on the nice weekend days :eek:

Thanks all :) I know i desperately need a better way to keep it steady. Those were my best ones, you don't want to see the others :troutslap:

I'll work on it for next time. I try to keep the contour clean, it has 52k miles and is usually only driven on the nice weekend days :eek:

i dont know what camera you are using but i know mine is super hard to hold steady at night with the night setting on (i have a cheap sony 6.1mp...nothing special)

Looks nice... Does need more tripod though... If you hang around up here at the meet till dark we can get some good night shots in. I cant wait to see that car in person.:drool: You must have been "breaking it in" when you took these eh?

i dont know what camera you are using but i know mine is super hard to hold steady at night with the night setting on (i have a cheap sony 6.1mp...nothing special)
I have a Panasonic Lumix 7.1mp it's nothing fancy but a heck of a lot nicer then the lone I used to have. I have an old tripod around here somewhere I just need to find it. I agree with you though, on night setting you have to hold it still FOREVER

Looks nice... Does need more tripod though... If you hang around up here at the meet till dark we can get some good night shots in. I cant wait to see that car in person.:drool: You must have been "breaking it in" when you took these eh?

130 miles and counting ;)

Setting it on the ground would bring a lot of clarity to it. Here's a shot of my last SVT using the ground to steady the camera.

Borders.jpg

Back