• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Taurus Car Club of America at Gingerman 5/17

$65 a person if they get 40 cars is a damn good deal. If anyone going to SZ and wants a full track day that would be something to look into. The TCCA event will end at 5pm and then it will be open to Test & Tune for us Spring Zingers.

Last edited:
I just received this little note from Don Mallinson...

Bob,

For sure see if any of the Contours want to do the day event. There are usually only 20-30 cars at these events, a few more would make it less expensive for everyone!

Hope to see you there.

Don​

:cool:

What time does it start? After the long drive, I'm not gonna get up real early, but if it starts later I might would do it. Or if I could just show up and pay and run...

Here is the schedule that was sent out... looks like be there at 7:30 to drive (as long as you are pre-registered), or just come out to spectate later.

Taurus Car Club of America, Inc.
Gingerman Raceway Track Day – Road Course Event Schedule
Thursday, May 17, 2007

Drivers:
7:00am – Instructors and Staff arrive at track
7:30am – Participants arrive at track, tech inspections upon arrival
8:00am – Driver’s meeting – mandatory for all drivers
8:30am - NOVICE Driver's Meeting – mandatory for everyone in novice class
8:30am – Instructors do test/dryoff runs
8:30am – While instructors are on the track, finish tech inspections.
9:00am – Other run groups will start.
9:00 – 12:00 – Run groups as announced.
12:00 – 1:00pm – lunch (nobody permitted on the track)
1:00 – 4:30pm – Run groups as announced
4:30pm – Begin packing up
5:00 – We must leave the track grounds.

It would be appreciated if drivers arrive promptly at 7:30am.

** Tech forms will be 100% mandatory at this event – we have been rather relaxed on this in the past, please be sure to bring your form this time. ** This schedule is subject to change, please pay attention to the overhead announcements for instructions, etc.

Spectators:

Drivers’ spouses, significant others and children will be permitted to enter the track grounds free of charge as spectators. There will be a $10 spectator fee for all other guests (this entitles each paying spectator to lunch that is provided). We ask that spectators not arrive until 8:30 or later to minimize congestion as we get drivers registered and tech inspections completed.

Event Staff:
Jason Kennedy – Event Host
Don Mallinson – Lead Instructor
Brad Roehrig – Tech Inspections
Mario Marcu – Food

Back