• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

In the land of NO daytime speed limit?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
roadtrip07300.jpg

In a car this small I'm not sure if I could do this, but its good to know it CAN get there though! I was reading the rest of his post and he said him and a C5 were doing over 150 for a good period of time and the guy in the C5 couldn't believe that little car could hang like that:laugh:

Hmm...rule #14:

14. Posting pictures or videos of any tach/speedometer at highly illegal speeds is not allowed. That is way too dangerous and just encourages similar behavior. It does not matter if it was taken at a track or any other place where such speeds are "safe", there is no way to tell that it was not taken elsewhere. Similarly, posting about your high-speed escapades on public roads is forbidden.

Hmm...rule #14:

14. Posting pictures or videos of any tach/speedometer at highly illegal speeds is not allowed. That is way too dangerous and just encourages similar behavior. It does not matter if it was taken at a track or any other place where such speeds are "safe", there is no way to tell that it was not taken elsewhere. Similarly, posting about your high-speed escapades on public roads is forbidden.

Yeah but are there speed limits on a track, other than the pits and whatnot? And what about around me? Sure Austria has a speed limit (more or less a suggestion)? I drove up in Germany and hit upwards of 140 mph, and it was totally legal.

Having said that, I have no idea where this pic was taken. I live in the valley of sorts, and I don't see the alps that much, so I have no idea which mountains those are.

Hmm...rule #14:

haha, you go to jail bad boi...

w0w roger, thats amazing, im going to go on my local freeway and try that RIGHT now!

If it was taken after May 1999, its illegal, as Montana reverted to a 75 MPH limit at that time. About half the time I was out there, the limit was "Reasonable and Prudent," though.

There are certainly places out there that are so sparsely populated, even empty, that you can carry a good bit of speed and operate safely.

What are you guys talking about? He is obviously on a dyno with a scenic view doing a top speed run. :shrug: :laugh:

Hmm...rule #14:

Hmm... its a legal speed so it should be valid right?

Hmm...rule #14:

Lets hope they tell the UAW to sod off.
Why? Do you think that will make the price of a Viper drop to $5,000?

So this guy comes around after not posting for 5 years to give us these two gems...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dont tell the members we need less elementary. Tell the mods who enforce the rules we need less elementary.

I have a sweet speedo vid of the turb-tour but obviously I'm not posting it because I dont want to get banned :rolleyes:

That speedo picture encourages me to go do that with my conty! BRB guys I'm gonna post vids and everything, hopefully I don't get killed!

/sarcasm

Seriously :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back