• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tint

Im def. gona do 15%. but how bout the tickets i hear people getting? Do you guys just fight them or cant you go to your doctor any tell them that when your driving sun hurts your eyes?

nope, I got pulled over, I told them my car was a "press car" when released cause the cop saw the #0009 sticker in the front and my plates. He said he doesnt care and wants them off..

123-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have 15% on my front windows and 5% on the rear sides and rear on my Cougar. I like the look of it, but backing out at night does suck, so you have to roll your windows down to see. But the Cougar's windows come factory tinted with some "SolarTint" stuff, so that makes the tint even darker. Oh, and the ticket I got for them here in Missouri was $83. =/ It sucked, but I never took the tint off, and just try and keep an eye out for Highway Patrolmen when driving on the interstate.
Nathan

Just do what owen did.

Take a picture of a contour with no tint, get some of that garbage from the hardware store, that "do it yourself" tint. Scrunch it up, schred it with a razor. Take the pic and the mangled tint to the judge and tell them you removed the tint.

He got out of his ticket.

5%??? lol is your tour a limo or somethin? i ve got 5% on my ranger and its dark as anything at night. Id do soemthing mayb at 15% at the most or else it will be really hard to see.

I got pulled over one night for my tint..I told the cop that the guys at the tint place said this was legal and what else not..I have 15% tint all the way around.He did a tint test..11%..Yeah i got a ticket for it.

I got mine at a shop mine is 39% lol i'm not sure how it registers on the tint scale but its pretty dark and i like it

Attachments

• Sideview.jpg
    Sideview.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I got mine at a shop mine is 39% lol i'm not sure how it registers on the tint scale but its pretty dark and i like it
Definitely looks darker than 39%. Looks closer to 20-30%, I have 50% and it's barely tinted. Can't wait to take this off and put on 15 :laugh:

I have 10 in the rear and 15 in the front and never had a problem with the cops. I have been around plenty of them too. I think that it helps that My car's black too.

Back