• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

All New Dyno Day info AWD dyno!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm running... I'm just currently walking a fine monetary line since i've used SZ as justification to buy too much stuff :p

Just gotta hope everything ships in time.

...And gets installed in time. :rolleyes: How're those coilovers coming?

I know the feeling, though. I'm just hoping I can squeeze enough installation time in between now and then....

Racecomp Engineering are the coilovers i'm using. They are basically a custom version of the KW V3 for stiffer springs and linear rear springs.
coilovers.jpg

i wish i had stuff to install. :(

No, no you don't.

It's a slippery slope my friend. I say drive it bone-stock until you're bored. Then modify it a bit at a time, each step of the way driving it that way until you're bored with it again. Then the car will never truly get boring!

For some reason, those don't look like they'll fit a Contour... :shrug:

Excellent powers of observation there seeing at how it says 04wrx in my sig.

That is what a real strut looks like with a design that's not totally retarded to change out. I've changed springs out on my car, by myself, in like 3 hours. That was having never done it on the car before. They are sooo much easier than contour struts it's not even funny.

Excellent powers of observation there seeing at how it says 04wrx in my sig.

That is what a real strut looks like with a design that's not totally retarded to change out. I've changed springs out on my car, by myself, in like 3 hours. That was having never done it on the car before. They are sooo much easier than stock contour struts it's not even funny.

Fixed for accuracy....i can change my springs in an hour and a half with the coilovers, the struts just pop right out, no compressors needed. :drool:

WRX owns the contour for the ease of any suspension removal.

And 1.5 hours? what are you taking a nap?

No, no you don't.

It's a slippery slope my friend. I say drive it bone-stock until you're bored. Then modify it a bit at a time, each step of the way driving it that way until you're bored with it again. Then the car will never truly get boring!
Unless you're me.....a few days after I got my car tuned I was bored.:laugh:

As usual CEGers that commited are dropping.:rolleyes:
Well, to be honest I considered it. I signed up in the thread that said it would be, what, $30 or whatever max and now it's $50? I'm on a very TIGHT budget till SZ, so $20 is $20. BUT, I had already committed and I really wanted to dyno though, so I put off other bills until next payday to get the money in on time.

Im sure that was directed at me to:rolleyes: , IM out i already dynoed because you said there was no AWD at 1st, Not spending more money to see the same numbers..

Well the idea was to compare all us troll cars on the same dyno silly.

and if you're budget is so tight you can't spend 20 bucks you're gonna be pretty bored while we're all out drinking and partying and crap.

Back