• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zymol? Opinions?

Guitarman19853

Hard-core CEG'er
Anyone have any opinions on Zymol products? I'm looking into the Zymol Titanium or the one designed for red paint. Actually, I'm considering one of the refillable for life containers, the Vintage Glaze or the Royale. I know thats quite a financial investment, but If I get it now while i'm young, I will get quite alot out of it, not to mention the best wax out there. Although, I will probably have another car by the time I would buy one of these lifetime waxes, but the Titanium is definitely a consideration.

I actually typed up a response to the first post that was long, but firefox got screwed up and it didnt post.

The wax would be worth it because it would be used on every car that I will ever own. That being said, I wont seriously be considering the lifetime waxes until i have another car anyways.

For some people, myself included, detailing is a hobby. For me, the line of normal waxes at autozone and similar stores just don't make the cut. To me, the price of the wax is worth it especially for the cars that are worth it. And to me, the contour is one of the best looking cars out there. I eventually plan on having a full repaint with a top notch show quality paintjob. By then I'm sure I will have another car, but I always plan on having the CSVT (or a CSVT. I may get another one for the show car as mine was in an accident at one point). And for that, even the wax I have wont cut it. some people called me crazy for spending $60 on the wax that I have. so i'm not asking for your opinion on the cost of the products, i'm asking if you have any experience with the zymol brand and specifically their high quality waxes. (not necessarily the 2 or 5 grand ones)

I use the Zymol Precleaner Wax and I think its awesome. Definetely gives a deep shine on a t-red car. Smells good too! Only downside is it leaves a lot of dust when removing it and you may have to spray down the whole car with a just a mist of water to remove any haziness left behind.

I use the Zymol Precleaner Wax and I think its awesome. Definetely gives a deep shine on a t-red car. Smells good too! Only downside is it leaves a lot of dust when removing it and you may have to spray down the whole car with a just a mist of water to remove any haziness left behind.

I get the same problem..Ive used Zymol and Meguiars, Both very good products..Next on the list to try is Zaino, Cant wait.

I actually typed up a response to the first post that was long, but firefox got screwed up and it didnt post.

The wax would be worth it because it would be used on every car that I will ever own. That being said, I wont seriously be considering the lifetime waxes until i have another car anyways.

For some people, myself included, detailing is a hobby. For me, the line of normal waxes at autozone and similar stores just don't make the cut. To me, the price of the wax is worth it especially for the cars that are worth it. And to me, the contour is one of the best looking cars out there. I eventually plan on having a full repaint with a top notch show quality paintjob. By then I'm sure I will have another car, but I always plan on having the CSVT (or a CSVT. I may get another one for the show car as mine was in an accident at one point). And for that, even the wax I have wont cut it. some people called me crazy for spending $60 on the wax that I have. so i'm not asking for your opinion on the cost of the products, i'm asking if you have any experience with the zymol brand and specifically their high quality waxes. (not necessarily the 2 or 5 grand ones)

All this and no Zaino....you gotta step up to the plate and get some Zaino. Quite possibly the deepest, most wet, and best longevity of any product on the market. You asked how my car stays so clean...now you know. The secret is out :)

if you just want to get started, Klasse All in One with the Klasse sealant glaze is just a good way to get your feet wet without spending the $100s for the zaino kit.

I have both Klasse AIO and SG as well as Pinnacle Signature Series carnauba.
The main reason I'm writing this is because I've been reading on detailing forums and Zymol is mentioned all the time and Zaino rarely gets brought up. I'd rather go with something pure carnauba. Even if it means re-application every 2 weeks.

I have both Klasse AIO and SG as well as Pinnacle Signature Series carnauba.
The main reason I'm writing this is because I've been reading on detailing forums and Zymol is mentioned all the time and Zaino rarely gets brought up. I'd rather go with something pure carnauba. Even if it means re-application every 2 weeks.

Well, you would see a lot better results if you started using a porter cable, I hate to tell you but the first 3 steps are critical.

If you buff away all the swirls, and then polish it really well, with 2 or 3 coats of sealant glaze, a good coat or 2 of topper will really bring out that shine.

if you just want to get started, Klasse All in One with the Klasse sealant glaze is just a good way to get your feet wet without spending the $100s for the zaino kit.
No reason to buy the whole kit. Z-2 and/or Z-5 is all you need - $15 or $32 for both.

I have no idea why people continue to think Zaino is "so expensive"...

No reason to buy the whole kit. Z-2 and/or Z-5 is all you need - $15 or $32 for both.

I have no idea why people continue to think Zaino is "so expensive"...

well it is when you compair it to walking into wal-mart and picke dup some turtle wax or meguires which is about what $7 a bottle ... but in the long run of course you use less Zaino and it looks better ... eh, maybe I'm nuts but I have spent near $ 300 on zaino but then again some of that was extra/refills that I picked up ... so far it has been worth every penny I have spent

Back