• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zoom-Zoom - My MazdaSpeed 3!

Definitely watch the motor mounts. There are many Speed3's in my local Mazda contacts and on a fun run one suffered an engine popping off the mounts and landing on an axle.

I'm not an expert on these buggers, but have plenty of friends with modding experience, so if you have any questions PM me and I'll forward to them.

The side mounts were replaced under warranty before I got the car, but I didn't have any records of the RMM being replaced so I ordered the SURE Torq R3. It's a solid one piece design, fully anodized, and should help with overall engine movement.

F222F073-F2F2-4843-A0BF-19DD3078785C-6051-00000CF9445F0C1D.jpg

NOOOOOO!!!! I don't mean to be mr negative but return that garbage and buy JBR you're looking at 3 months till a failure.. Buddy has a pmm went bad in 2k miles

NOOOOOO!!!! I don't mean to be mr negative but return that garbage and buy JBR you're looking at 3 months till a failure.. Buddy has a pmm went bad in 2k miles

What's the problem with it - the bushing? I didn't read any negative reviews on it when I was searching around. I don't drive the car very hard so I don't know if that plays a factor at all?

Last edited:
Never thought much of the mazdaspeed 3 untill this morning when I took my buddies 2012 out for a spin after putting on a CP-e downpipe and exhaust. Deffinatley needs some motor mounts to help control that wheel hop. Only drove it around the block once but what a fun car. The bolt ons he has really make it a fun driver.

IMG_20130407_094004&.jpg

IMG_20130406_171706&.jpg

Great cars my gf has an 08 and I built it to a stage 2 car. It will eat a sti stage 2 all day from a roll race and a dig bc it has slicks on it :] Have fun with it there quick. I would suggest getting a nice front mount down pipe and exhaust. The intakes can actually rob your hp in these cars.

We just did our first Mod to our Mazdaspeed 3.

Waiting on our Corksport RMM to arrive. No plans for power mods however, as it plenty powerful for what it is. Remember, if you do any kind of power upgrades that Fuel pump internals should be one of the FIRST things you do.

901788_10151422257058214_850866566_o.jpg

Back