• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zoom-Zoom - My MazdaSpeed 3!

Aaron88

Hard-core CEG'er
I ended up getting a really well taken care of 2008.5 Crystal White Pearl MS3 GT in September, so I just thought I'd share some pictures with everyone.

All stock except for tint when I got it. Since then I added I added Rally Armor UR mud flaps, Corksport shorty antenna, Lamin-X clear headlight covers/yellow fog covers, Weather-tech digital fit floor mats, Corksport interior LED kit, Redline Goods leather armrest cover, Mazda rubber cargo protector, & LED reverse lights.

I have a Forge V2 BPV, COBB SRI, & Sure shortcut waiting to be installed when the car comes out of storage for the winter.

Here are a few pictures after the mods & a full detail job by me. Enjoy!

2012-09-16_7_zpsd8a7eb1d.jpg

2012-09-16_4_zps16c31829.jpg

2012-09-16_zps918596cb.jpg

2012-09-16_10_zps1187fc4a.jpg

2012-10-20_17_zps8b1e1b84.jpg

2012-09-16_22_zpsfc3d7335.jpg

2012-09-16_32_zps8f5cbbc8.jpg

2012-09-16_36_zpsdf4f1a5f.jpg

It's the first turbo car I've owned and let me say it's a blast to drive - the boost is addicting. :D

Very nice, my wife Daily Drives and Autocrosses a 2012 Mazdaspeed 3. With that being said, DO NOT...I repeat...DO-NOT put any more power mods on it before you look in to fuel pump internals.

-Sam

Very nice, my wife Daily Drives and Autocrosses a 2012 Mazdaspeed 3. With that being said, DO NOT...I repeat...DO-NOT put any more power mods on it before you look in to fuel pump internals.

-Sam

This and motor mounts, the stock 3 mounts suck they fall apart just looking at them. buddy with a 2012 speed 3 12K miles on it both the passenger side and trans mount had ripped apart. as well as another buddy with a 2.3auto 3 had his do the same.

The stock pump can't handle any extra power you put through the car makes it run lean. The car is direct injected so you're getting 1200+psi of fuel pressure the stock pump isn't strong enough for any mods yoiu may put at the car. So upgrade it or motor time lmao.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! It took quite awhile to find one this nice with a paper trail of receipts, but it was worth it.

As far as power mods, my intention is to keep it close to stock seeing as the car has plenty of punch for me. Intake, BPV, shifter upgrade; call it a day. Anybody that knows me knows that I like my cars showroom clean and simple, but the aftermarket for the MS3 is huge so it makes it hard to resist going for a fully bolted setup. :D

It's about time you show that car off! It's just as nice in person and just as clean.
Got anything else that you'd like to share? ;)

I really like these things. What's the life span of the turbo before it needs a rebuild?

That white is like NEON bright ass white :eek:.

My buddy's 1 gen needed a turbo after 64k miles.... But I also have another buddy with a gen 1 that has 120k and still going strong. Both of these guys have replaced all 3 mounts already though.

Nope, not now. Probably wouldn't get back what I have into it if I tried to sell it, plus I have a whole bunch of suspension upgrades waiting to go on when I have time.

Back