• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zetec pulley kit

pretty much any UDP for the focus will work. gains will be only a couple of HP.

Gains are typically near 5 hp and 4 tq at the wheels. Almost as much as shorty headers. Not a bad hp per dollar ratio at all.

nope you just have to take off the passangers side wheel and splash guard. also, remove the starter to jam the flywheel if you have an atx.

No need to remove the starter. There is a small 1.5" x 3" (approx) access plate under the tranny that you can remove, one 10mm bolt IIRC. Right up front will be the teeth of the flex plate (MTX has a flywheel).

Because my ac and other pulleys will be spinning slower, will i see any noticeable performance losses from them?

Because my ac and other pulleys will be spinning slower, will i see any noticeable performance losses from them?

The only noticable difference will be in the A/C efficiency, but that should not be a problem in Delaware. At idle the air won't quite blow as cold, otherwise it should be fine.

You will notice the engine rev up quicker. The UDP is a nice add-on for performance.

Back