• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zetec pulley kit

Thats pricey. Unless you've done every other mod besides the pullies, you may see a difference when u put them on. Other than that, save your money and just stick with an UDP if you want some hp.

Be careful. Many CEGer's have had much difficulty with AAS. Although, most of their troubles were with the body kit. Either way, I wouldn't like to do business with them.

Yea, trust me i've dealt with them.:nonono: I was just curious about the kit in general.

I bought an Ebay UDP from Canada for the Zetec and it is a fine piece. Cost well under $100

My only suggestion is to consider an underdrive PS and alt pully combo because.... In Florida we needs our A/C. The UDP slows ALL accessories so the compressor is less efficient. The PS and Alt pully combo solves this problem.

honestly you dont need the alternator pulley and i dont see how a power steering pulley is going to fix the slower spinning of the AC compressor :troutslap:

honestly you dont need the alternator pulley and i dont see how a power steering pulley is going to fix the slower spinning of the AC compressor :troutslap:

:laugh:

I should have been more clear. It is common to install the larger PS and Alt pullies INSTEAD of the UDP crank pulley.

The larger accessory drive pullies make it easier to turn the items they drive - saving engine power for the wheels. Since the crank pully is not changed, the A/C compressor still spins as normal in stock configuration.

:laugh:

I should have been more clear. It is common to install the larger PS and Alt pullies INSTEAD of the UDP crank pulley.

The larger accessory drive pullies make it easier to turn the items they drive - saving engine power for the wheels. Since the crank pully is not changed, the A/C compressor still spins as normal in stock configuration.

So what exactly are you suggesting? New pulley kit and UDP? No UDP? What?

So what exactly are you suggesting? New pulley kit and UDP? No UDP? What?
hes suggesting just larger Power steering and alternator pulleys. the problem i have with that is you could end up spinning those acc. too fast in the upper RPMs.

IMHO just go with a single UDP on the crank. the loss of efficiency on the AC compressor is minimal at best and should not be an issue.

hes suggesting just larger Power steering and alternator pulleys. the problem i have with that is you could end up spinning those acc. too fast in the upper RPMs.

IMHO just go with a single UDP on the crank. the loss of efficiency on the AC compressor is minimal at best and should not be an issue.

Is there any specific udp that i should look into? Also, what kind of gains can be seen from it?

Some have had good luck with the one on ebay for $22. I think someone else just bought one.

i bought one not to long ago. It fits on pretty snugly so you have to make sure the key is in right. its hard to tell. It came with directions but the belt specified is extemely tight. me me and my dad to get it on. and i did the stock belt by myself when i replaced the alt.

You also have to trim the plastic cover that is in between the pulley and timing belt.

its working great for me.

Is there any dropping of the engine that takes place or is the pulley's location easy enough to get to?

Is there any dropping of the engine that takes place or is the pulley's location easy enough to get to?

nope you just have to take off the passangers side wheel and splash guard. also, remove the starter to jam the flywheel if you have an atx.

NO!

The larger pulley on those items makes them spin SLOWER.

Last edited:
NO!

The larger pulley on those items makes them spin SLOWER.
Woops. you are right. i wasnt thinking at the time i guess. my opinion of just buying a crank pulley still stands though. plus its cheaper since you dont have to buy 2 pulleys.

Woops. you are right. i wasnt thinking at the time i guess. my opinion of just buying a crank pulley still stands though. plus its cheaper since you dont have to buy 2 pulleys.

I agree with you & that is what I did too. Just throwing out options that some consider important. :)

Back