• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Nahhh, the cougar is more enjoyable to drive :laugh: Especially once I get a few more things fixed up on it.

I did take the SVT out for a bit yesterday though.

1-scaled.jpg

I'm going to try editing that a bit more to darken the car a little.

I think I've had about enough HDR for a couple days :laugh: I will try again some other time. The pictures turn pretty soft when I tone map them in photomatix...

2-sharpened.jpg

Oh well, I learn more and more every time I experiment :cool:

Just like every other car you seem to find on craigslist :p

Elraidog is the master of cars that have been around the world more than seven or eight times. This guy with the Jetta is taking a page out of ol' Jason's book, too: "Will run forever." Well, there's a guarantee! I'm sold! :laugh:

Just kidding, buddy. I won't argue about the durability of GMs 3.8 V6, but I lack the temerity to ensnare myself in the VW trap at any mileage.

Now if I had money I would be tempted by this
http://duluth.craigslist.org/car/699115571.html

But then I would realize it didn't have a 5 speed in it...or 6 for that matter.

An automatic can be ok in certain applications. I loved the AOD-E in my '94 Lincoln Town Car. Shifted logically and when you wanted it to. If you put it to the wood, it would snap off shifts with aplomb for such a luxurious beast.

As for supercharged Bonnies, I was always most fond of the somewhat garish 1992, but I think we've had that conversation. :cool:

th_sm_POBSCL0050269.jpg

An automatic can be ok in certain applications. I loved the AOD-E in my '94 Lincoln Town Car. Shifted logically and when you wanted it to. If you put it to the wood, it would snap off shifts with aplomb for such a luxurious beast.

As for supercharged Bonnies, I was always most fond of the somewhat garish 1992, but I think we've had that conversation. :cool:

th_sm_POBSCL0050269.jpg

But I loves the Pontiac GXP's. Then again if I was to spend $20K on a car it would either be a GS or Gran National.

Back