• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

The last two vehicles my dad bought, we are having tons of fun with them right now. The 79 F-250 with 17K original miles was having idle issues for a couple of years until we realized the gas tanks were rusting from the inside out. This was after a carb rebuild and fuel pump replacement.....and it would run like a freakin' champ after each one of those, for about 5 miles. Now with the 2000 Taurus with the Duratec and only 16K miles we can't get the darn thing to start. We were holding it for my aunt but she sold it to my dad. It would run fine this past winter when we would start it and run it up and down the road, but we normally would need to jump start it. So on friday, we went out got a new battery and it started up fine...but the engine light came on. I could feel a slight misfire, figured it was from the gas. Threw good gas and seafoam in. Two days later, go out to start it....click click click. Nothing. Brought the battary in during lunch to get it tested and they said it was good but they gave me a new one anyways. Throw it in tomorrow and see what happens.

Low milage older cars.....blah! LOL

I found a 1984 Mustang GT with 12K orig on ebay today. What a gem! :cool:

fd46_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-12080-miles-1985-1986_W0QQitemZ300203840275QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300203840275

This is really becoming a difficult decision. And I know you guys will think im crazy, but the Mystique is going one way or the other. I just am kinda sick of dealing with its issues. Decisions like this stress me out. I know it shouldnt but it does. I know people think I am leaning more towards the CV which I was but last night I was leaning more towards the SVT. Today its back to the CV. Tomorrow? Who knows...:shrug:

I dont have to make the decision RIGHT now so thats good.

This is really becoming a difficult decision. And I know you guys will think im crazy, but the Mystique is going one way or the other. I just am kinda sick of dealing with its issues. Decisions like this stress me out. I know it shouldnt but it does. I know people think I am leaning more towards the CV which I was but last night I was leaning more towards the SVT. Today its back to the CV. Tomorrow? Who knows...:shrug:

I dont have to make the decision RIGHT now so thats good.

Well, it is and it isn't. At least if you had to pull the trigger right now, you'd get it over with. Don't waffle back and forth -- I've been there when deciding which car to sell, and it's agonizing. Instead, just set your mind one way or the other and run with it. If the Crown Victoria is straight and clean, ready to run, it should be a great choice. It's not permanent, either, you know. You can always sell down the road if something else strikes your fancy. :cool:

Is it spring yet???? :cry:

Spring in Minnesota is scheduled for July 29th. Winter will recommence on August 3rd. Summer and fall will not be making an appearance.

We now return to your regularly scheduled snow shoveling.

Bwahahaha! Isn't that the truth. It's not nearly that bad down here in the cities but I bet elraido follows a schedule like that ;)

We are getting teased, few nice days followed by a few cold days followed by a few nice days.... etc.

Spring in Minnesota is scheduled for July 29th. Winter will recommence on August 3rd. Summer and fall will not be making an appearance.

We now return to your regularly scheduled snow shoveling.

Looks like a high of 5 today. WOOT!

lol, only if you have something else to drive in the winter!

ugh, is it spring yet? I may be going down to the twin cities tommorrow to dream about driving the fiero :( that, and the auto show starts this weekend :)

anyone want to buy some near perfect fiero seats? i have a set i am going to sell

We are heading down there as well. Brother and his wife had their baby down at the Robbinsdale hospital. There are a few cars down there that I would like to look at as well, but there will be no time to do so. If you see the SVT, wave!

Only if they are leather..:laugh::laugh:

sorry, they are identical to the ones in my current fiero. grey cloth. they are out of my white car. been sitting in the basement for the past 3 - 4 years now. Im going to liquidate some of my fiero parts soon. they are just taking up space, and i'll never use them.

We are heading down there as well. Brother and his wife had their baby down at the Robbinsdale hospital. There are a few cars down there that I would like to look at as well, but there will be no time to do so. If you see the SVT, wave!

when are you going down? look for the silver accord.... wait, that is every other car out there! i'll wave if i see you though :)

Back