• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

I just dished out over $1200 on the car this month.

- dropped on eibach sportlines
- upgraded front struts/rear shocks ~~
- 35% tint all around
- 18" wheels/tires being mounted tommorrow

This is on the Chevy Cobalt sedan. :laugh:

Are the 09 Cobalt SS's known for blowing head gaskets? My brothers friend blew his head gasket after 2 weeks of owning it? :blackeye: That would really suck. It was completely stock. Even if you were a dumbass I don't think a head gasket should blow out that quick.

I dished out over 2500 on my other project and i'm not even close to finishing it. It will be usable and tested hard over Memorial weekend though. Damn car wouldn't start until I put gas in it again - just like when I got the car. I think this weekend I'm going to pull the rear seat out and yank the pump to chuck that stupid sock that is limiting flow. I'm sure it is dirty too ;(

Are the 09 Cobalt SS's known for blowing head gaskets? My brothers friend blew his head gasket after 2 weeks of owning it? :blackeye: That would really suck. It was completely stock. Even if you were a dumbass I don't think a head gasket should blow out that quick.

Perhaps we've all blown a headgasket or two. My wife drives the Cobalt, she's just a 2.2 sedan lt. We dressed her up a little w/tint, wheels and a nice drop.

Grandmas car :shrug:

Perhaps we've all blown a headgasket or two. My wife drives the Cobalt, she's just a 2.2 sedan lt. We dressed her up a little w/tint, wheels and a nice drop.

Grandmas car :shrug:

You've blown a head gasket or two??? I suppose it's easier to replace on a 4cy so it isn't that big of a deal. On the V6 Cougar/Contour that's grounds for engine removal. I'd be steaming mad if my new car blew a head gasket after a week.

Hood louvers, I have a place to get them from, and There is a shop in Burnsville that can install them. Or you could do your self. It would help with engine bay temp. Alot and on these cars that would make a big differnce.

You've blown a head gasket or two???

Yes... back in 1986/87 on my 77 Toyota Celica. Water pump went and I tryed to make it to an off ramp. Blowin' smoke out my ass. Did a rebuild but shortly after some freak in a Volkswagon ran a red light damn near killed me.
Also on one of my Buick Regals. Neglect on my part.

Victory Red Chevy

Cobalt1.jpg

cobalt2.jpg

Cobalt3.jpg

Exhaust coming soon....and possible headgasket :)

Jaybird.

The wheels came for the wife's Legacy yesterday, I will be putting them on tomorrow. I will post pictures of it and the jeep.

Yes... back in 1986/87 on my 77 Toyota Celica. Water pump went and I tryed to make it to an off ramp. Blowin' smoke out my ass. Did a rebuild but shortly after some freak in a Volkswagon ran a red light damn near killed me.
Also on one of my Buick Regals. Neglect on my part.

Victory Red Chevy

Exhaust coming soon....and possible headgasket :)

mmmkay nevermind then... I was asking if Cobalts had headgasket issues. If you didn't know a "I don't know" would have been sufficient. It isn't really relavant if you've blown a head gasket on some car back in the 80's that is completely unrealted to the Cobalt. :rolleyes:

mmmkay nevermind then... I was asking if Cobalts had headgasket issues. If you didn't know a "I don't know" would have been sufficient. It isn't really relavant if you've blown a head gasket on some car back in the 80's that is completely unrealted to the Cobalt. :rolleyes:

Sorry coog, I misunderstood your comments. I thought you were poking jabs at me for owning a Chevy. :blackeye: just me being single minded and as usual taking this way off base.

But anyways, thats to bad about your buddys headgasket issue on his Cobalt. I do know thats not a common problem.

Honestly the Cobalt was not my first choice. I was pushing for a Fusion, but the wife had the final say on this one THIS time. It was a huge step down from the Pacifica my wife drove before this.

Back