• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

can you believe the wife won't let me buy a $400 turboed minivan? :shrug:
There is a $1300 SVX AWD for sale in duluth.......

Your approach is all wrong. You can't let her be telling you that you can't spend $400 bucks. If you've got $400 bucks, you can spend it. If the money were hers, that's another story.

Some say that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission, so you could try that. Just show up in the front yard with the van and let it ride. :cool: :laugh:

Your approach is all wrong. You can't let her be telling you that you can't spend $400 bucks. If you've got $400 bucks, you can spend it. If the money were hers, that's another story.

Some say that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission, so you could try that. Just show up in the front yard with the van and let it ride. :cool: :laugh:

yeah, but that money is going towards bills....we just bought a new couch and recliner. :laugh: The couch reclines as well.

Has anyone here driven a CSVT with a LSD in the winter?

That is all me. I've got some meaty blizzaks on my car and with the lsd I trip way hard :crazy:

Hehe -- just kidding. The limited slip works well in the winter - it does a lot of posi action. In the snow and even in the rain if you beak the tires loose and lay into it hard the car will go the same direction no matter what you do to the steering wheel.. reminds me of a locked front in a 4x4. With good tires I thought about going on the lake and screwing around, but the ice was broken up at the landing and I couldn't get on the lake... maybe this year..

If the deep snow doesn't lift the front end off the ground - I go through it. Icy driveways are no problem - I've got some wide blizzaks and if I break traction I just lay into it and the tires burn down through the snow and ice and find anything solid underneath... Takes a little getting used to - but works well. I took off the 18's and put on the blizzaks when I got my car all back together last night. Ready for anything that mother nature can throw at me...

That is all me. I've got some meaty blizzaks on my car and with the lsd I trip way hard :crazy:

Hehe -- just kidding. The limited slip works well in the winter - it does a lot of posi action. In the snow and even in the rain if you beak the tires loose and lay into it hard the car will go the same direction no matter what you do to the steering wheel.. reminds me of a locked front in a 4x4. With good tires I thought about going on the lake and screwing around, but the ice was broken up at the landing and I couldn't get on the lake... maybe this year..

If the deep snow doesn't lift the front end off the ground - I go through it. Icy driveways are no problem - I've got some wide blizzaks and if I break traction I just lay into it and the tires burn down through the snow and ice and find anything solid underneath... Takes a little getting used to - but works well. I took off the 18's and put on the blizzaks when I got my car all back together last night. Ready for anything that mother nature can throw at me...

I am hoping the Fuzion HRI's will be good enough for winter driving.

Just dont be a Joel...

Oops! Is it too soon for that? :laugh:

lol. summer tires int he snow ftl :(

speaking of this time of year. when i was headed to work last night around 5pm, on central entrance, right around the same place it got me, a SUV got smacked by a deer. i was about 3 cars behind the durango! just glad it wasnt me again!

lol. summer tires int he snow ftl :(

speaking of this time of year. when i was headed to work last night around 5pm, on central entrance, right around the same place it got me, a SUV got smacked by a deer. i was about 3 cars behind the durango! just glad it wasnt me again!

My brother saw a 8 point buck near where you live a couple weeks ago. They are stalking you

I've got Dunlop Direzza DZ101s on the SVT. Those aren't great in the snow. I've got Yokohama Aegis LS4s on the Town Car -- they're all seasons and pretty good in the snow. I might have to put some weight in the trunk -- we'll see. We throw two 40 lb. bags of pellet stove fuel in the trunk of my girlfriend's Cougar, and it motors right along in the snow with the same Yokohama tires. :cool:

I just got some new tires for the Ranger this year and am excited to try them out. Nokian Vatiiva A/T's with ~200 lbs of sand in the back. Should be an animal in the snow :cool:

I'm sure it still won't compare to the Coug with the blizzaks though.

My brother saw a 8 point buck near where you live a couple weeks ago. They are stalking you

Hope I can see some of that tomorrow and Sunday :D

I'm not sure my arrow would make it all the way through a deer that size :eek:

Do you use tips that have the razor blades on them?

Speaking of deer stories, a guy around here shot a deer, so when him and his hunting buddy went to go track it they found two cougars eating it already. They had to get the rest of their hunting buddies to keep watch while they dressed it and hauled it out. I would have shot the cats personally.

Do you use tips that have the razor blades on them?

Speaking of deer stories, a guy around here shot a deer, so when him and his hunting buddy went to go track it they found two cougars eating it already. They had to get the rest of their hunting buddies to keep watch while they dressed it and hauled it out. I would have shot the cats personally.

Hey. Cougars are special.

signofthecat.jpg

mercury-cougar-1a.jpg

Those things are wicked. I could only imagine the internal injuries those things cause.

It's not like they explode :p They just leave a decent sized hole all the way through assuming you don't hit any major bones. Usually the deer just kinda jump when they're hit (I imagine they feel a funny tingle more than actual pain because it happens so fast).

Back