• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

woops.... not for the weak - contour lovers beware!

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
Even with everything I have going on, I still find time to have a little fun with my brothers SLVRSVT(Dan) and Ryan :laugh:

We only have the front half left, the rear half is gone. This was tons of fun, and only took a couple hours. Great bonding activity and releases all the built up anger towards contours and the enthusiasts that support them. HAHA

newpics056.jpg

newpics057.jpg

newpics055.jpg

newpics061.jpg

newpics065.jpg

newpics089.jpg

newpics094.jpg

newpics096.jpg

newpics097.jpg

jebus you guys annihlated that thing; I remember my first cutting of car in half, I wanted to drive it down the street. :D

seems like a shame though... that car looked like the body was in really good shape.

If the car could have started, we probably would have driven it around the go-kart track around the 10 acres my dad has. That would have been fun!

I am suprized at how balanced each half was over the wheels. You could move the rear by yourself like nothing and the front was just heavier because of the motor & trans..... fun, pure fun

BTW - the car only cost $150 :laugh: and I pushed it to my dads with my '03 Impala for 4 miles. We didn't tow it with a rope because I didn't want to get rearended.

HAHAHAHA - I would have started with a better donor for something like that.... Would need to be MTX V6 with a built trans if that ever happened. :ponder: Was that ever done yet to a contour?

you could still use the chassis to do it. i think a turbo 4 banger limo would be pretty sweet. but a 3L would be sweeter.

can anyone say SVT limo?

A lot of the pre98 parts I am keeping for my own car as I also have a '95.

Good parts or not, as you all know, we are cheap asses here on CEG and I am not and can not wait for people to buy all the "good" parts. I bought this car for a specific reason that I can't disclose, and for my brother to get some better condition parts for his SVT and me some extra parts for my '95.

The car was almost perfect outside, but everything else was pretty useless (motor/trans/brakes/suspension/tires/manual windows/manual seats/no folding rear seats/ciggy burns/rusted out exhaust/bad oil/bad gas/mouse nest in the intake/etc..). The car sat for too long with minor problems that turned into big ones if someone really wanted to make it "road worthy" again.

Back