• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Poor SVTC, I don't think it felt a thing

LOL. Thats not even closely matched.

Althought I would love to see the dodge go through a road coarse. :laugh:

Contour FTW of everyday life!

both my roomates have big dodge, both black, both with 5" lifts and 35" tires... weird right? ones a 96 short bed short cab 5 speed the others a 99 sport xcab.

and they :censored::censored::censored::censored: there pants when they saw this, and the love to show me it all the time.

If I was Ford, I'd put a really good driver in the car, run a good time, then use that time for marketing.

i think thats wot they did. i cant think of any stock tours doing any better than that time, is there?

EDIT- was looking thru the stock times on the drag forum. 14.8? thats really good. i doubt tho more than a handful of ppl could get that time. a t/c tour cant even get into the 12s range. hard to believe a t/c only shaves a sec or so off. :confused:

Last edited:
i think thats wot they did. i cant think of any stock tours doing any better than that time, is there?

EDIT- was looking thru the stock times on the drag forum. 14.8? thats really good. i doubt tho more than a handful of ppl could get that time. a t/c tour cant even get into the 12s range. hard to believe a t/c only shaves a sec or so off. :confused:

The T/C can't get traction to get into the 12's. Heck, I want to say that there are a few that are trapping around 115 mph. So once they do bite it is a crazy ride down the track.

The T/C can't get traction to get into the 12's. Heck, I want to say that there are a few that are trapping around 115 mph. So once they do bite it is a crazy ride down the track.

soon as evrything's right with my car, am heading to the track. even if i don't get to 12s, i'd be pretty close i predict. of course i only say that cos ma car feels fast. getting the numbers is a different thing :laugh:

Back