• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WI/IL supermeet / WI cruise

Well, it went from a sure thing to a maybe. The left front CVJ is about to give. Its a rebuilt one from napa and on its last leg after about 3k miles. It started at SZ drags, after some bad wheel hop it started to go. The joint pops and crackles on hard turns. Napa has one waiting for me but I can't find the time to pick it up then replace it. Hope in the next few days I can get it done.

Well, it went from a sure thing to a maybe. The left front CVJ is about to give. Its a rebuilt one from napa and on its last leg after about 3k miles. It started at SZ drags, after some bad wheel hop it started to go. The joint pops and crackles on hard turns. Napa has one waiting for me but I can't find the time to pick it up then replace it. Hope in the next few days I can get it done.

be careful with those NAPA units, the NAPA my GF works at stopped carrying the NAPA brand axles because of their high failure rate.

duke,
I have one from my parts car if you're interested. it has some miles on it but it looks like it's in good shape.

Mapquest eh? That's fun. Google maps pulls it right up.

Acording to them it's [19600-19699] Becker Dr, Lannon, WI 53046

Sorry guys, but I'm most likely out. Just found out that my best friend's dad passed away today. We will most likely be making a trip to Iowa this weekend instead.

Got her done! I sweated ball but its done!

Thanks for the offer Alex.

Napa axles suck for sure. I'm on my third right side and second left. Next time I'll buy a set from that online axle store.

Poo nuggets. SLVRFRST was going to go but now has to work :rolleyes:......... My car is up on jack stands right now because the e-brake cables are •••• again and I am getting some wicked "metal on metal" clunking around in the front..... I see a front roll resistor bracket bolt is missing where it bolts to the trans :eek:. I can't tell if it broke off or unthreaded :shrug:. Hopefully I get it figured out by friday night.....

Well, my garage was closed with the air conditioning on. It was a nice cool 74* in the garage and a nice hot humid 85*+ then it started to rain...... No skeeters, no sweat, it was awesome :laugh:.

Well, my garage was closed with the air conditioning on. It was a nice cool 74* in the garage and a nice hot humid 85*+ then it started to rain...... No skeeters, no sweat, it was awesome :laugh:.

Someone kick Joe in the balls for me Saturday!

have to rub it in don't you Joe :nonono: If I wasn't going to MI on the 17th...I wouldn't kick you in the nuts, i'd just forget to close the garage door so all the bugs would come in. And the cold a/c would escape. :laugh:

Well it looks like all the "nut kickers" will be MIA from this meet then huh? hahahaha - You guys are always welcome to use my garage. dtour was just there last week in the air to do a stereo install in his mustang.

It is nice working in that garage. Working on Juan's and my car last weekend was brutal. It was 105 at the entrance of the garage, and it only got worse as you went back.

Bleh, that sucks! I have been in that position soooo many times that you need to work on something in the garage but it is just so damn hot that even moving makes you sweat. Same goes for winter too, too cold = no working. That's when I decided to put the 75,000 BTU modine heater in. I will never go back.

Lucky me :D

I just got done replacing the front motor mount, the trans mount, replaced the MTX fluid, un-stuck my rear brakes, and cleaned the brakes. I'm going to bed.

Back