• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

why would u mod a Csvt?

marioSVT

askeered of teh gays
Everywhere time i mention about moding my Csvt first people ask why???
then they might say "It's just a Ford Contour" or " a Contour?"
THen i start explaining , what kind of contour it is, most of the time ppl would just walk about . they just DONT understand !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What would your respown be when person tells you " why its just a Contour"??

Tell them its not just a Contour. Tell them they grandmother may have driven a Contour but it wasnt like yours and you can do what you want.

What would your respown be when person tells you " why its just a Contour"??
Well, the ladies will have to fend for themselves on this one, but I might just tell them I'm a man! I require bigger better faster more!!!:laugh:

Or you can use my favorite. WHY NOT? If you want a stock CSVT, get one! This one is mine, it brings me happiness and improving upon a good thing only makes it better and therby makes me even happier!

-Glenn

I usually don't have to say a word. Having them sit in the passenger seat for just long enough for me to hit every gear and find a nice freeway on ramp does the trick most times. I had a friend who hated his Contour GL (which I ended up buying for parts later on) in the car for 10 minutes saying things like "holy :censored::censored::censored::censored:!" I can convince some people just by hitting 5k in neutral with the K&N, MSDS headers, and Trubendz exhaust.

sometimes i say, "well im modding my SVT contour, just so i can get to the bingo game FASTER !!!, then they have this dumb look on there face,, BHLAHAHAHAH

I personally would not mod a SVT, it is better left stock and kept clean. Get a cheap non-svt and mod the :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of that.
and.....
because you can do this for almost nothing, then I pop the hood:
newpics040.jpg

WHAMO!

I still shake my head every time I see that cheap genetic air filter. I do love that you matched the Duralast Gold color though.

I don't drive when it is dirty outside :laugh:....

The duralast battery will have a cover soon or I will upgrade to the optima. P.S. I gave away a K&N filter for free at SZ '08.

Personally, if you are going to modify the engine on an SVT, I wouldn't even bother modding the 2.5L. Even afterwards, its still slower than most newer cars on the road these days. If I had a 3.0L Contour, then I would mod it as the gains are more generous. 96BlackSE and DemonSVT have showed what the contour is capable of N/A with a 3.0L. Overall, the duratec is a great motor, but the platform sucks for straight line accelaration. Now if you're wanting to mod it for handling, I say go for it. That's what this car was designed for.

As always, the level of modding would be what will dictate your answer.

If its a couple of aesthetic things, and an air freshener, then its no biggie.

If its a few bolt-ons and a new set of sticky tires, then you've got to have a reason in your head already.

If its 20-30K worth of stuff then there's no sense in telling them anyway..

I'm with hetfield.. all it takes now is first gear to shut someone up.

I tell them because they've never been in it. It may not be fast, but it'll scare the crap out of them in corners, even on skinny 15s:laugh:

Yeah, a lot of people said that to me when I started modding my lincoln until It went a second faster for under 900 bucks. I just tell them because I want to. No matter what anybody says. In the end im right.

i dont know that many new cars with 275whp.. i plan on getting a turbo kit for my 2.5Lsvt, just to show ppl what a 2.5l can do .. and watching a contour just dip on a V8 is just amazing !!! ... thants why i want to mod my Csvt.. maybe later one getting a 3L,

Fwd in general arent the most practical cars if you want to be fast and consistent. Unless you have money to properly setup and maintain one. I gaurantee if I beat on my contour as much as my v8 car it would be in the scrapyard already.

Back