• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Productive (and expensive) weekend

rouar

fixer
Admin
Between dinners, skiing and movies .. and new car .. I spent a lot this weekend :help:

Goodbye Maxima :(
Hello 2008 Legacy GT :)
all pics here

Honestly, I'm still very sad about letting go of the Maxima. But it was time - the repairs were getting to me. Plus I can have fun in the snow now!

DSC02056Large.jpg

DSC02054Large.jpg

much better than the max!!! if you've never had a boosted car get ready for a addiction:drool: :crazy:

Wow Matt, congrats on a sweet ride!! I was just looking at a very similar car at Anchor Subaru in RI. Great pick, it's gorgous. Post up some driving impressions when she's got a few more miles on it.

:drool::drool::drool:

Nice pick up! A buddy of mine has a Legacy Spec-B and it absolutely gives me a chubby. It's refreshing to see people driving sexy subarus that aren't wrx's.

Sexy!! I hope it's a six-speed. If not the manumatic is still fun and way better for traffic situations.
Neither - It's a 5-speed manual. I got a discount through Subaru VIP Program: 1% under dealer invoice. They gave me $5K for the Maxima which was ok. (I had to stifle a laugh when they first offered me $2500.) Was a quick transaction, I made a noon appointment to test drive cars and drove the LGT home at 5pm.

I wanted the Diamond Gray with no spoiler, but had to choose what was on the lot ("due to VIP program" according to salesman lol, but there were no Grays available in New England). Not bad because the silver was my second choice. I usually hate silver cars but this is a darker, deeper shade of silver, new for '08, which looks sick.

thanks guys :) now we have to have another beater meet!

I'd probably dump the SVT after driving that. LOL! I guess you really do like SVT's. I think it needs a spoiler on the back. A little lip spoiler would look sweet if someone makes one. Probably too much effort now though.

Aftermarket lip spoilers are available and that is what I had wanted to do. But I had little choice but to pick the car that already had a factory spoiler. Oh well, no big deal!

I took the SVT for a spin tonight and was reminded how much I love the car. Still haven't found a car whose clutch/throttle interaction was as smooth, except maybe my parents' Miata.

It's really really cold out tonight. I'll have underhood pics when I do a more decent photoshoot ... like, not taken at the dealer. :)

Last edited:
OMFG MATT I'M SO JEALOUS! I love those cars! My friend's brother had one until he got into a really bad accident and totaled it :(. I think his was a 2004 or 5. Let me tell you, those things are QUICK! That 5-speed is something else. I've seen it do umm...impressive....speeds in 2nd gear ;) (PM me for exact figures :))

Congrats!

congrats on the new car!
unfortunately i wont be able to see the pics until i get home tonight...friggin company blocking schtuff!

Post up some driving impressions when she's got a few more miles on it.

that will not take long at all knowing Matt :laugh:

Nice looking car

boost eh? seems we both did kinda the same thing at the same time again :crazy:

Last edited:
It's really really cold out tonight. I'll have underhood pics when I do a more decent photoshoot ... like, not taken at the dealer. :)

lol especially not at that dealership. Second Street = ugliest street evar! ;)

big congrats on the new whip!
Have fun registering it. You're probably going to be upwards of $450 just in Manchester taxes. :blackeye:

Kim - that's actually a lot cheaper than I thought it was going to be!
Brian - turbo "at the same time" eh? :) Secret winter plans up your sleeve?

Nice call, Matt!

I've liked the LGT for years. Great lines, great performance.

Yes... we need a troll/beater meet soon! I miss you freaks!

Brian - turbo "at the same time" eh? :) Secret winter plans up your sleeve?

well they are not to secret as I have been talking about it for awhile, but I ordered my NPG turbo kit this past weekend. Hope is that aircougar has some time to swap my MTX for my HMS MTX after I get my new clutch. And before that I hope to relocate the battery with the Skunkworks kit I got some months ago. I will then hopefully be able to install the kit and have it running for SZ! I just need it to warm up so I can work in my storage unit.

but I digress, this is your thread and I know you must be excited based on how much you have been talking about getting a new subaru and how bad your apartment driveway was/is :laugh:

Honestly, if I had any money at all, that would be the next car I would buy. I have loved the look and the power.

I might have been exaggerating the apartment driveway. It's really only a very slight incline (Brian: even less than your parents' driveway), but I did get stuck numerous times. The AWD will come in handy in the neighborhood hills for sure!

Initial thoughts, I am still getting used to the gas pedal and the blind spots, and the non-automatic headlights (grr). But it's wonderful in every other respect. So many gizmos on the dashboard and gadgets to figure out .. I even have a stock shift light when the SI-Drive is in "Intelligent" mode.

The Maxima is paid off as of this morning. I will be receiving the title in the mail next week and will bring it right to the dealer along with the spare keys. I kept the Maxima's window sticker because they were just going to trash it (he literally threw it in the trash while I was sitting there :rolleyes: ). I almost wish I had sold it private because then the buyer would appreciate the documentation and repairs I put into it, but trading was of course much easier.

Back