• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whoa, deer!

but dude..you are already in CT, there are plenty of places to go there with lotsa land and cheap houses!
i almost bought a house just outside of Canterbury about 6 years ago.
late 1800's farm house with 12 foot ceilings, huge fireplaces designed to cook on about 3500 sqft., a huge barn converted to an 8 car garage /workshop, inground pool, 16 acres of land, and the house was in fantastic shape.
on the market for $149K
if i was smart i would have bought it!

yeah, but at the time i really didnt want to live far away from everything and had no clue if i would be able to find a job down there.

but dude..you are already in CT, there are plenty of places to go there with lotsa land and cheap houses!
i almost bought a house just outside of Canterbury about 6 years ago.
late 1800's farm house with 12 foot ceilings, huge fireplaces designed to cook on about 3500 sqft., a huge barn converted to an 8 car garage /workshop, inground pool, 16 acres of land, and the house was in fantastic shape.
on the market for $149K
if i was smart i would have bought it!

I would love to find something like that. Although Canterbury is like almost in RI and I don't have the proper accent to live out there. :crazy: Seriously, If I could find something like that I might be able to talk me wife and kids into a move.

BIOYA.... I never even implied that CT was better than anything. I was just stating what I had learned in grade school. I had to google it to find it now.

THE NAME:
Connecticut was an established name early in the 1600's in particular reference to the Connecticut River. The word itself was translated from the Indian name "Quinnehtukqut" and means "beside the long tidal river."

Source: Shearer, Benjamin F. and Barbara S. State Names, Seals, Flags and Symbols Greenwood Press, Westport, Connecticut - 2001

From this website http://www.netstate.com/states/intro/ct_intro.htm

And I wasn't even entirely correct.

And it gets worse...:laugh:

I would love to find something like that. Although Canterbury is like almost in RI and I don't have the proper accent to live out there. :crazy: Seriously, If I could find something like that I might be able to talk me wife and kids into a move.

Ya. And cheap hoses in CT?????? Where did you get that?

Back