• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their bearing turbos are also almost twice the cost of the journal turbos, which would defeat the purpose of these "budget" kits.

You are correct. However, it is not just bearings that affect the spool time, it is the mass of the rotating assembly. A light weight assembly on journal bearings with a small trim housing could easily out-spool a GT35R if someone chose to run it.

There are 3-4 major factors that affect spool time so that is why I take the customers desires into account when sizing it.
You can choose to buy a ball-bearing T3/4 if you want, or any other type if you wish to pay the difference.
If you have certain criteria you want to meet, then tell us what those criteria are and we'll size a turbo for your kit. If we can't meet the requirement without a ball-bearing turbo then we'll talk one-on-one to figure it out. Costs may change though.

Sure... VVT, or stay Naturally Aspirated; Either one.

If you choose the VVT, then you need to do the prototyping on your own, though.. LOL

hey guys. i live in vegas. gets hott! pretty close to arizona. ma csvt already runs slightly hot in the summers. i.e the fan comes on earlier than normal. good idea to bolt on a turbo kit? bigger intercoolers?

hey guys. i live in vegas. gets hott! pretty close to arizona. ma csvt already runs slightly hot in the summers. i.e the fan comes on earlier than normal. good idea to bolt on a turbo kit? bigger intercoolers?

Not much you can do about the heat. Lots of airflow is all you can do. Just don't run as much boost in the city and then run more when you get on the highway and intake temps come down.
Invest in an intake air temperature gauge. Autometer sells a two-channel gauge or a single channel gauge. It was invaluable to me.

reprazent

reprazent

You guys should have parkedcar make up some nautilus performance stickers. I'd rep it for sure.

i was thinking the same thing. Crispy at NECO has worked closely with Intricate Lines to produce a variety of vinyl body art for the Cougar.

Guys, check the pics and videos thread for a shot of the completed turbo kit!

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=10850

stage1_nautilus_007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back