• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who has what? Xcal2, PRP, etc.

Because they suck balls. lol

I hate those things and i will never have them on my car. Even if i lose a little low end torque, and don't GAIN any hp up top i would be happy. At least i will never have to worry about gumming up the LIM, or cleaning/buying a new IMRC box.

I have had mine out for about 3 weeks now, and i love it!

Glad your happy with everything.

But that is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Willing to sacrifice Low end torque (on a car that has low torque numbers in the first place) simply because you don't want to clean your imrc box/buy a new one IF something goes wrong with it? I mean...my God. Using that mentality, I think I'm going to turn my 3L into a manually controlled carburated set-up. I might triple my shift time because I have to play with a pump, but I won't have to worry about my injectors failing!

Glad your happy with everything.

But that is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Willing to sacrifice Low end torque (on a car that has low torque numbers in the first place) simply because you don't want to clean your imrc box/buy a new one IF something goes wrong with it? I mean...my God. Using that mentality, I think I'm going to turn my 3L into a manually controlled carburated set-up. I might triple my shift time because I have to play with a pump, but I won't have to worry about my injectors failing!

Look man...i was just telling you what i did...why i did it...and why i like the results. If you don't like it then tough stuff. It's my car, and i like it. Especially since i'll be doing a 3L in the near future. Then the TQ eon't be AS MUCH of a "big deal".

I have the PRP so you CANNOT TELL THEY ARE GONE. I promise...i would love to go to a dyno to see if i am losing anything because i really feel like i am not. I will NEVER have to buy a new IMRC again. I will prolly still clean the UIM?LIM just because i like working on my car. Whenever i get bored i take them off and clean them, which is about every couple months. So it's not like i'm lazy or anything.

Like i said i don't care about the TQ/HP...i feel like it was the right move for ME to make so i did it. I am not saying everyone should do it, but i'm happy. :)

PS...have fun with your carburated setup ;).....j/k ofcourse lol

Look man...i was just telling you what i did...why i did it...and why i like the results. If you don't like it then tough stuff. It's my car, and i like it. Especially since i'll be doing a 3L in the near future. Then the TQ eon't be AS MUCH of a "big deal".

I have the PRP so you CANNOT TELL THEY ARE GONE. I promise...i would love to go to a dyno to see if i am losing anything because i really feel like i am not. I will NEVER have to buy a new IMRC again. I will prolly still clean the UIM?LIM just because i like working on my car. Whenever i get bored i take them off and clean them, which is about every couple months. So it's not like i'm lazy or anything.

Like i said i don't care about the TQ/HP...i feel like it was the right move for ME to make so i did it. I am not saying everyone should do it, but i'm happy. :)

PS...have fun with your carburated setup ;).....j/k ofcourse lol

Haha...Glad you see it all as fun. I DID start off by saying I'm glad you like everything.

Just in my opinion, and my opinion only...I don't see the purpose of removing secondaries, and getting a tune so that your car does run properly w/out them. The gains don't really outweigh the loss (torque down low, PLUS money for a tune, and the time it takes to remove the secondaries)

But to each their own. I still need to get my POS tuned...

Haha...Glad you see it all as fun. I DID start off by saying I'm glad you like everything.

Just in my opinion, and my opinion only...I don't see the purpose of removing secondaries, and getting a tune so that your car does run properly w/out them. The gains don't really outweigh the loss (torque down low, PLUS money for a tune, and the time it takes to remove the secondaries)

But to each their own. I still need to get my POS tuned...

Well like i said i already have the PRP...i might as well use it for something instead of letting it sit there dormant lol

Well like i said i already have the PRP...i might as well use it for something instead of letting it sit there dormant lol

haha, thats sort of how I am right now. I have the PRP too, but I don't have a wideband yet, so there are only little things here and there that I can play with. Until I get the wideband, I really can't do any sort of tuning...

tuning

tuning

I have an Xcal2 with tunes by Warmonger.

He is the man!

Speaking of which, I have figured out how to send you a completely editable tune of my own now.

You want to try it then let me know. I'll spend a little time on it to see what happens with some changes I thought about since I last did some work for you.

If you like what happens then tell other people.

Last edited:
You're not the only one!

You're not the only one!

I think im probably one of the only ones with a Diablo Chip.

Diablo Chip burned and tuned by Lightspeed Innovations.

I've also got the diablo, with the 2 program switch. Tuned by diablo and flashed by streetsmart designs.

I had a bad dyno, and the tune is way off. I'm looking at the SCT PRP (if I can get someone to tell me they have had a good experience with it)

MSD DIS-4 ignition, Superchip (borrowed to CSVT49) , S-AFC 2. my own curve, holds 13:1 at WOT N/A, and 11.7:1 on the spray. beats most the newer V8's i've raced. mission accomplished. soon to be added: ProFlo MAF.

I'm running an Emanage to handle the larger injectors and SVT throttle body on my 3L. I have yet to fine tune things, but it runs great.

Well it can't be all bad then...probably pretty darn close if you are running good.
The emanage is more than capable of compensating and dialing in a 3L, plus you can datalog with it and you can fine tune on the dyno all day long. It is a superior product for its type.

Combine the Emanage with my LC-1, and I'm in pretty good shape, so long as I can make some time for tuning.

Tom, BTW, I found instructions for installing it in a Contour written by you, I think, and they were thourough and excellent. I got mine for about $100 and have been very happy. The thing sits and my glove box and behaves like it should.:laugh:

Last edited:
Combine the Emanage with my LC-1, and I'm in pretty good shape, so long as I can make some time for tuning.

Tom, BTW, I found instructions for installing it in a Contour written by you, I think, and they were thourough and excellent. I got mine for about $100 and have been very happy. The thing sits and my glove box and behaves like it should.:laugh:

You are welcome. Yes, those are probably the ones that I wrote back in 2001. lol
If it is a long word document then it is for sure.

hey tony i am also thinking of removing my secondaries due to the fact my imrc is totally shot. i already have the xcal 2 and put the tune on the car from brenspeed. i am happy with it except my secondaries are pinned right now . i am now wanting to get a wideband 02 sensor and start tuning the 3l with them removed.

Back