• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who has what? Xcal2, PRP, etc.

ButtonPuncher

Veteran CEG'er
Cool! A Tuning forum!

Just wondering who all has what kind of tuning.

I currently have the xcal2 and PRP for my ATX Zetec.

Unfortunately I still haven't getten it to work. I load the "stock" tune and my car doesn't run unless I give it gas and it stinks of gas. I still need to try some new firmware that SCT send me for my xcal2. Something about '96 PCM's being finicky. Anywho...

BP

I have the xcal2 w/ prp from brent white for my 3L. Right now all I am running is a little higher RPM limiter and I also have my rear o2's off. Is Warmonger the Mod for this forum? If not...I nominate him.

What code is your PRP?

I'm interested in the xcal2.
Pm me.

War...Do you have any information on your tuning for us? I see more and more people are having you do the tunes for them, just curious of what you have done/can do/willing to do etc. I'm in need of a tune right now (not terribly, but it would help) but my issue is I dont have a wideband yet (next thing on my wishlist).

Ive had my Xcal2 for some time now and still havent finished tuning. Ran into some funky issues at altitude and gave up until I returned the car to sea level. My car seemed to be overcompensating for the thinner air or something (running lean) when a few months earlier it was running pig rich in Ft. Wayne (sea level). Now after all my suspension work and upcoming break mods (fingers crossed), I wont be on the dyno until I get employed.

yea i have a sweet apexi s-afc 2 but at least mine was only 75 bucks. i just had to make a wiring harness for it but hey it makes it much torquier i have tuned it slightly but im sure theirs so much more room for improvement. but i have a a/f around .7-.8 which is better than the .9 i was stock. but i will prolly get an xcal soon. that is at wot.

I have the XCal2/PRP and haven't done too much with it yet. I changed the dashpot settings so that the engine revs-down faster than stock, and I have done some datalogging. I still need to get a wideband. I'm running a slightly modded tune that came from Brenspeed.

Marty

Last edited:
I purchased a SCT Flip Chip locally and have is set for injectors and removed secondaries. I will be going back for the dyno tune soon.

I've got an xcal2 with a local shop's hands-on dyno tune and raised rev limits, I'm really pleased with it once I hook up.

What I need now is some traction.
And a driver mod, for too many slow/missed shifts.

i dont know why you would remove secondaries

Because they suck balls. lol

I hate those things and i will never have them on my car. Even if i lose a little low end torque, and don't GAIN any hp up top i would be happy. At least i will never have to worry about gumming up the LIM, or cleaning/buying a new IMRC box.

I have had mine out for about 3 weeks now, and i love it!

Back