• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who has acheived the 200,000 mile mark?

Just over 230,000..It had 180,000 before the 1st rebuild now I just completed rebuild # 2. Ha ha ..No major issues..just the pistons kind of melted from running to lean(in my opinion)

• My 1996 Mystique had about 220,000 miles on it when it was killed in a collision.

• My current 1997 Contour has a ways to go yet; it's somewhere a bit past 138,000 miles.

My odometer stopped working on my zetec but it's somewhere over 160k now. I still drive it like I stole it though it has plenty of broken stuff on it and makes funny noises it keeps going. :) I can't believe it's stood my abuse for 8 years. I doubt I keep it to 200k miles, but ya never know. The SVT has ~140k on it and will probably never see 200k just because I don't drive it often. It probably would make it if I did drive it more, it's in pretty good mechanical shape.

Well, 200,000 was a long ways back for me. I turned over 300,000 miles a couple weeks ago, so maybe its time for a "who has achieved the 300,000 mile mark" thread. Only non-scheduled repair was the alternator at 200,000 miles. Spark plugs changed at 90,000 mile intervals. Wires changed at 200,000 miles. Original hoses. As far as I can tell, original PCV valve. The engine feels/sounds coarser than it did when new. No idea if the power is down significantly, as I never tap the horsepower potential. Transmission flushed every 30,000 miles, and zero problems to date. Changed brake pads/shoes once. Original wheelbearings. Got a clean bill of health from the dealer last week. After 11 years, I'm not sure I want to try for 400,000 miles or buy something new and shiny!

After 11 years, I'm not sure I want to try for 400,000 miles or buy something new and shiny!

I resemble that remark. I'm saving for a substantial down payment on a new Fusion Sport. Maybe by the end of summer. My 98 SVT now has 260,000 miles. I don't drive it as much as I did when I commuted 60 miles each way each day so I'm no longer thinking I will try to make it to 300,000 miles.

i have a ways to go. I was putting nearly 100 miles on a day about a year ago, but now its 1 mile to work and 1 mile home. I only have 123,300 on the car as of today. I'm shooting for the 300,000 mile mark, and have been since i've gotten my car, but its going to take FOREVER to get there. I've had the trans and clutch replaced no too much longer after i bought it with just under 80K on it nearly 3 years ago. I've also been running Synthetic oil and trans fluid since i've gotten the trans replaced. But as of now, i couldnt ask for a smoother running engine. no misfires, and GREAT gas mileage (avg 31). I've become a huge fan of the ZETEC. Oh, and i'm way overdue for changing the timing belt. Still the original.

I got 202k on my 95 zetec, a lot of maintenance but shes still on the road

at 97,650 now. i might get to 100k in the next 2 years as my mazda is my dd. (thank you God) although i can not resist taking the SVT out. =) good job on making these cars last so long guys!

Currently at 207K and counting. Engine still running strong, will need to install my 2nd BAT kit on it in few months, repainted last Nov. I use synthetic oil, and remove the UIM/LIM yearly to do the Berryman's cleaning. Still love her.
From this past summer, at Carlisle All-Ford Nationals:
carlisle2010018.jpg

im at 256,000 and still running great just need to rplace some hoses and im not sure if it has an engine replacement because i went to the junkyard and none of the 98 2.0 ztec engines look like mine but the 2000 2.0 looks like mine technically mine is a 98.5 so idk if the valve cover changed or if the engine was replaced so if u got any idea how to tell or know where the engine block stamp is and where the frame stamp is so i can check them please let me know....

thanks

Back