• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whats left of her....

I should keep it on topic. That really sucks man. I work at a high class club and I see alot of people get drunk and leave, and it kinda scares me. Well hopefully your car isn't too bad. You said the frame is fine?

x3..... thats how it gets started... way to young

i wasnt and no one else was. not defending her as i tell her not too, but theres only so much you can do. anways this is done, just trying to share a story of a safe new years.

I should keep it on topic. That really sucks man. I work at a high class club and I see alot of people get drunk and leave, and it kinda scares me. Well hopefully your car isn't too bad. You said the frame is fine?

I'm sorry to hear about your car, and even more sorry to hear it was a fatal accident. I guess look on the bright side that you are ok, and only sustained very minor injuries.

I'm moving to SanFran on Friday to live/work, and the amount of drink driving in the US freaks me out. I'm going to buy something very sturdy to drive. In Ireland, even though we're famous for drinking, drink driving has been reduced dramatically due to making it very anti-social with ads like these;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLtKAKF8hLo

Younger people in Ireland simply don't let their friends drive drunk. Glad to see your ok! Hope the Tour isnt totalled, and if it is, look forward to getting a newer car! :)

The other driver actually didn't make it. after he hit me in the front and spun me around and hit the divider, he went straight into a tree. I was told he was drunk by Geico.

Call me heartless, but good. Too bad he had to hit you before be hit the tree. I can't tolerate drunk drivers. I'm glad you're OK.

I'm moving to SanFran on Friday to live/work, and the amount of drink driving in the US freaks me out. I'm going to buy something very sturdy to drive.
They have campaigns like that here (the one these days is anti-smoking and anti-marijuana) but people aren't as easily influenced by them. Combine that with the logic of someone who went to a bar with or without friends and you've got problems.

As a recommendation ... buy an SVT :D
(Seriously, the Contour is among the safest of small sedans for its era, and safer than a lot of bigger vehicles out there when you factor accident avoidance maneuverability.)

Last edited:
due to making it very anti-social with ads like these;
Wow. Thats crazy. But its a good thing. I think the biggest problem over here is that people dont see enough of the aftermath from drunk driving accidents.

Call me heartless, but good. Too bad he had to hit you before be hit the tree. I can't tolerate drunk drivers. I'm glad you're OK.
x2... I dont wish bad things on anybody. But I personally think he got what was coming to him. Thats the biggest problem most of the time. People that drink and drive usually end up hurting more people than just theirselves.:nonono: At least it was just his car and not him that got hurt.

Damn that Ad is scary...... OK. When I was young I used to Drink and drive I didnt know better.... But damn was that some stupid sh*t I did! Luckily I didnt hurt anybody including myself and used it as a lesson!

That ad is still in my mind...cant even shake it off!

- amyn

Wow. Thats crazy. But its a good thing. I think the biggest problem over here is that people dont see enough of the aftermath from drunk driving accidents.

x2... I dont wish bad things on anybody. But I personally think he got what was coming to him. Thats the biggest problem most of the time. People that drink and drive usually end up hurting more people than just theirselves.:nonono: At least it was just his car and not him that got hurt.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't feel bad for the drunk driver. Course he also probably had a family. The main thing is it seems the drunk is the one who usually doesn't get hurt. Just a couple days ago a drunk driver killed 5 members of a family on Route 250 in Ohio. He survived. So sad about the stupidity and carelessness of others.

Just a couple days ago a drunk driver killed 5 members of a family on Route 250 in Ohio. He survived. So sad about the stupidity and carelessness of others.
Word that happened like 20 min away from my house :cry:

Gieco already said it was a total loss. The other driver actually didn't make it. after he hit me in the front and spun me around and hit the divider, he went straight into a tree. I was told he was drunk by Geico.

true. that core support in the front = frame damage. even if you're really good friends with the body shop, it would be 5+ k to fix the front...and you haven't even gotten to the airbags, or the rear damage.

sucks...:blackeye:

Just a couple days ago a drunk driver killed 5 members of a family on Route 250 in Ohio. He survived. So sad about the stupidity and carelessness of others.
I drove by the accident that night on I75. I still can't believe that story :nonono: --drunk dumb@ss driving an F350 the WRONG WAY for miles on a major interstate takes out a family driving back from visiting relatives for the holidays.
Sorry to hear about your CSVT, I hope someone saves it.
-J

I drove by the accident that night on I75. I still can't believe that story :nonono: --drunk dumb@ss driving an F350 the WRONG WAY for miles on a major interstate takes out a family driving back from visiting relatives for the holidays.
Sorry to hear about your CSVT, I hope someone saves it.
-J
Thats bull :censored::censored::censored::censored:.... That is one that would deserve it.:nonono::nonono:

the airbags alone will cost $2000 + (body shop quote) and i do feel bad about the guy who hit me, the way i see it is that it was better him hitting me then hitting a car with kids, or even worst, killing someone. all he killed was my car and himselve.

i cant stand drunk drivers... i decked a friend once almost breaking his nose and other parts of his face cause he insisted he drive a bunch of people around tanked. he has an explorer and said it would save them if he wrecked so i wrecked him and personally explained it to his parents. he was also underage. his dad shook my hand and thanked me for decking him!

the airbags alone will cost $2000 + (body shop quote) and i do feel bad about the guy who hit me, the way i see it is that it was better him hitting me then hitting a car with kids, or even worst, killing someone. all he killed was my car and himselve.

You should be able to get "used" air bags from another contour, try carpart.com or rockauto.com, should be able to find a salvage yard that has the module and the bags, I know we paid under that for both mine and my brothers.

thats what friends are for. friend of mine thinks she is alot stronger then she is. was almost passed out on my friends couch but still argued that she was "ok" to drive home(i stole her keys after she said that). i found her stuff and after 25min of convincing her and getting her ready to leave(shes 16 parents wanted her home at 130). i had to carry her to her car, cause she couldnt walk. my friend drove her car home and i followed him to drive him back. (it was 140 by the time we left and with the snow storm last night took 20min to go 2miles, being very slow, she got home at 2). Her mom thanked us as she stumbled to the door.

Holy cow!!!! Dude my parents would of killed me at that age if I came home in that condition... I'm sure I would of been grounded for years....

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't feel bad for the drunk driver. Course he also probably had a family. The main thing is it seems the drunk is the one who usually doesn't get hurt. Just a couple days ago a drunk driver killed 5 members of a family on Route 250 in Ohio. He survived. So sad about the stupidity and carelessness of others.

that guy got arraigned yesterday and bond was set at 1.25 million dollars. from what i understand, he had just left a local Taco Bell and the employees there called the police becuz he was sooo drunk. He then sped off and once on the hwy, well, then terrible outcome. WHAT A SCUMBAG!!! All he got was stitched on the chin!!

Anyway, sorry to hear about your car. I hope things work out for you dude.

A lot of times drunk drivers will get through better since their bodies aren't tensed like a sober driver. Usually a sober drivers reaction to an oncoming accident is to push hard on the steering wheel and lock their arms straight while doing almost the same thing with their feet. This locked position if hit for say head on, would probably brake your wrists at least from the brunt force of your locked arms hitting the wheel. Where as a drunk person is relaxed, their muslces aren't tensed up, and usually are to slow to react to get braced for an impact.

Of course I've seen this go completely the wrong way before as well. I've had one cousin who was drunk driving his motorcycle home one night, was too slow to react to a corner and slid his bike off the road into the ditch and was pinned under it. Luckily a passing motorist saw him and called the paramedics, he spent a good time in the hospital and has a titanim rod in his one leg.

Another one of my family members, my uncle, was coming home one night from dickeyville, to kieler, literally a 2mi drive, decided to take the back roads home since he was drunk, came up to a direct 90 degree corner, drove right off and roled the vehcile 7 times the police estimated, he was in a coma for awhile and when he came too he had trouble remembering people and had to relearn walking. He eventually remembered everything and walks fine to this day, he must of had an angel with him to come out and not have any long term issues.

One other cousin of mine also roled his mercury mystique which still sits at the farm back home being used for parts now an then. I don't remember for sure what he did to role his car, but I'm sure he was drinking as well.

My suggestion, if your drunk, or partially drunk, have someone else drive you home, or just sleep over, you may get in trouble, you may get grounded, you be made fun of, but you'll be ALIVE, and so will your car. Treat your car like a person....

Once again man, sorry to hear about your car, and I hope they don't total it out and you can rebuild it.

Back