• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What's in YOUR crankcase?

The SVT gets Motorcraft synthetic blend with Motorcraft filter, 5w-30.

The Subaru goes to the dealer. <flame suit on> Oil and filter is only $25 with coupon and I don't want them disputing any potential warranty claims (80K warranty).

The SVT gets Motorcraft synthetic blend with Motorcraft filter, 5w-30.

The Subaru goes to the dealer. <flame suit on> Oil and filter is only $25 with coupon and I don't want them disputing any potential warranty claims (80K warranty).

Hey that's a good deal for an oil change, no complaints here :laugh:

Mobil-1 5w-30, every 5K for 95K

Mobil-1 5w-30, every 5K for 95K

Mobil-1 5w-30, every 5K for 95K, with the exception of the 1st 5K where I changed it with dino oil @ 1000 & 3000.
Always used FL820S filters..... Motor purrs today.

I guess I worded that wrong or you misinterpreted.
One oil change, we do a Motorcraft filter. Next oil change we do a Mobil 1 filter. Next change after that is a Motorcraft filter. Get it?

i must be the only one that runs a quart of ATF? prob. not nesc. on this engine,but just a habit i got into with the mazda kl engine and its hydr. lash adjusters. keeps the engine clean,some guys would run 2-2.5 quarts,for a oil change,and work down to one.

I used 10w-30 Castrol and Motorcraft oil filter this last oil change....Car has 123k and uses less than a half of quart of oil between changes which I do around 4-5k

I have always been a Ford/motorcraft guy! Ive used motorcraft synthetic blend in like the past 5 vehicles ive had, but lately Ive been using 10w30 castrol full synthetic in the tour with a motorcraft filter.

CSVT - Mobil 1 5w30 with Motorcraft 820S

FSVT - Mobil 1 5w30 with Motorcraft 400S

Explorer - Mobil 1 5w20 with Motorcraft 820S

I'm not 100% positive on the SVT Focus, but the zetec focus should be running an FL2005 Motorcraft filter, according to the sheet we have at the dealership quicklube I work at. Just figured I'd let you know, and again, we don't do many SVT Foci, so could be they went back to the 400 on that one.

As for what I use, BMW full synthetic 5w/30, I believe it's made by Castrol to BMW specs. I change it every 5000 with a Motorcraft filter.

I don't run the contour has a daily or the mustang so the oil stay's in all year and they get maybe 2,000 mile's on them so my oil runs as follows..

Contour,
Mobil 1 Extended performance with pure one or motorcraft filters(whatever is on stock)

Mustang,
Mobil 1 Extended performance with same filters.

Explorer,
Mobil 1 same filters, 5,000 mile changes.

Taurus,
Mobil 1 same filters, 5,000 mile changes.

Suzuki Bandit,
Castrol RS GPS 4T, Suzuki filters.

I too am a fan of the German Castrol 0-30. I am going to make a switch to 0-20 amsoil soon though. I might run one court straight thirty weight with the 0-20. All I use my contour for is racing, so my needs are quite different. I haven't figured it out yet though.

Back